Search results to follow...

Victory at Aggborough

FT: Kidderminster Harriers 0    1 Tamworth

01 October 2005

Tamworth recorded a much deserved victory against ex league club Kidderminster with a hard working display at Aggborough.

After a tentative opening Bob Taylor had a golden opportunity to open the scoring when Adie Smith’s ball into the box was missed by the Aggborough defence and fell invitingly. But home ‘keeper John Danby got himself in the way of the former West Brom strikers shot from close range.

In the ninth minute Taylor provided Dave Bampton with a scoring chance but his header from Taylor’s right wing cross whistled past the right hand upright.

Kidderminster threatened for the first time in the 13th minute with Tamworth having to clear their lines after the ball rattled around the area without actually providing the home side with a goal scoring chance.

Neither side managed to string more than a couple of passes together and chances were few as the first half went on but Tamworth continued to work hard to get the ball up for however was in a position to run onto it.

Lee Thompson had a close range shot blocked by Matt Redmile on 23 but there was no real danger for The Lambs from the chance.
The first substitution for Tamworth came when Tris Whitman replaced James Francis on 31 minutes after the youngster picked up a knock.

Iyseden Christie picked up a yellow card for a late tackle on Aaron Brown and from the resulting Scott Stamps free kick Bob taylor drove a close range shot goalward but Danby saved well and The Lambs won a corner.

Stamps’s corner confused the home defence and after a scramble in the six yard box Carl Heggs eventually forced the ball over the line to make it 1-0 to Tamworth on 40 minutes.

HT: 1-0Adie Smith - stirling perfomance but missed the target!

Kidderminster’s Christie forced Dormand into a good save straight from the kick off with a one on one which saw Dormand rush out to save at the strikers feet but Tamworth hit back with Adie Smith creating a half chance for Taylor from a right wing cross.

Harriers, looking to get backing to the game as quickly as possible, pushed Tamworth back into their own half in the opening ten minutes but the Lambs defence performed well and cut out or cleared as required.
A foray forward by the home side called Aaron Brown into action and he did well to block Taiwo Atieno’s shot on 61 and from the corner Wayne Hatswell headed wide while at the other end Tris Whitman continued to prove a menace to the home defence but saw his mazy run intercepted and cleared.

Tamworth survived a penalty claim on 72 when Redmile seemed to clear the ball with his hand, but the referee was not swayed by the shouts from the home side.
And another scare came when Michael Blackwood somehow managed to head wide from a centre by Simon Russell on 75 as the Lambs suffered a momentary lapse of concentration in defence.

On 78 Adie Smith should have done a lot better than shoot high of the target after forcing his way through the home defence to create time and space for a free shot on target and was visibly angry with himself for not hitting the back of the net against his old club.

At the final whistle The Lambs follwers appluaded their heroes off the field after the first win since the opening day of the season.
FT: 1-0

Tamworth: 4-4-2

Taylor, Heggs (Mansaram 81)
Storer, Ward, Bampton (Turner 63), Francis (Whitman 31)
Stamps, Brown, Redmile, Smith
GK: Dormand
Unused: Cooper, Gayle

Kidderminster Harriers: 3-4-3

Atieno, Thompson (Blackwood 59), Christie
Burton, Sheldon (Russell 67), Helsop, Wilson
Jackson, Hatswell, Burgess
GK: Danby

Heggs 40

Yellow Cards
Christie 37
Redmile 41
Jackson 65

Red Cards

Att: 1961 (169 from Tamworth)

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures