Search results to follow...

Trophy replay required

FT: Tamworth 2    2 Warrington Town

25 November 2017

With new striker Kotwica starting for Tamworth and Andy Morrell’s home side looking to bounce back after the midweek defeat to Telford AND start a bit of a cup run, Warrington kicked off proceedings.
Tamworth forced the first corner of the game, on the left at the Meadow Street end, but it was too long for Jones.
A foul by Morley on the Warrington right wing set up Yassallo with the dead ball and he forced Rowley to tip it over the bar for a corner which came to nothing.
A move which started on the right wing with Fox made it’s way across to the left and Knights floated ball into the box was met by the head of Verma and put the Lambs in front (1-0, 11 mins)
A low shot from Fox was headed behind for a corner in the next move but Warrington were able to clear. While Katowica was not seeing much of the ball, Verma and Knights were and the former tried a long range shot which didn’t really trouble McMillan in goal for The Wires.
On 21 Warrington made it all square following a smart move into the area involving three or four of the visitors playing triangles into the box and Yassallo shot past Rowley from the right and in off the left hand post (1-1, 21 mins)
McCarten was booked for a challenge on Katowica on the half way line on 24.
Knights put the ball into the net from a central position on 31 but it was ruled out for offside and on 38 a freekick from the right was flicked on by Lane, but it went wide of the left hand post.
A foul at the other end gave Warrington a freekick which was placed but went high and wide of the mark.
A foul on the Lambs right then set up Deeney and his ball into the area was met by the head of Verma and it floated over McMillan and into the back of the net to restore the lead (2-1. 41 mins)

HT: Tamworth 2    1 Warrington Town

Tamworth restarted proceedings and Kotwica went close with a far post header from a whipped in ball from the right on 50 but he glanced it wide of the mark.
Warrington forced Rowley to protect his goal on 55 and the ball popped up kindly for the keeper to take at head heigt in a crowd of players at his left hand post. Barrigan tried a long range effort which Rowley was happy to see come straight at him on 58.
Jones picked up a booking for a foul that the resulted in the referee allowing Warrington to take the freekick twice.
McKeown was given too much tie to shoot on 64 but Deeney blocked effectively and then Williams had a snap shot which Burns got in the way of.
A left sided corner was headed home by Upton on 69 but a push in the build up ruled out what would have put The Lambs 3-1 up.
As play advanced up field, Morley picked up a booking for an ungentlemanly response to the referee.
Warrington were then level on 76 through McDonald who hooked the ball home from a few yards out after a corner was not dealt with and headed back into the mix from past the far post (2-2)
Morrell made two changes with 10 to go replacing to front men with two attacking midfielders and handed them forward roles.
Four minutes added time were shown at the end of the second half which, despite the visitors making a change in the middle, ended 30 seconds short and a replay at Cantilever Park was the outcome.

Tamworth Team:

Rowley, Burns, Morley, Deeney, Jones (c.), Lane, Upton, Verma, Kotwica (Taylor 79), Fox, Knights (Powell 79)
Subs: Reid, Shaw, Coulson

YC: Jones 60, Morley 69

Warrington Town Team:

McMillan, Carden, McKeown, Barnes, McCarten, Goulding, Williams, Yassallo (Bakkor 87), McDonald (Higgins 90), Gray, Barrigan (Simson 90)
Subs: Davis, Ascroft

YC: McCarten 21, Carden 45

Attendance: 468

Referee: Mr. A. KIRKLEY

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures