Search results to follow...

Tamworth pick up penalty points

FT: Stratford Town 1    3 Tamworth

22 October 2019

TAMWORTH took three points at Stratford Town on a controversial night to move into second place in the table – with goal difference separating the Lambs and Hednesford. Stratford were reduced to nine men during a two-minute spell of madness near to half-time in Tuesday night’s contest.

There were also three penalties as the Lambs came from behind to win courtesy of two spot-kicks from Ryan Beswick and a predatory strike from Tyrell Waite.
The home side started the better and Courtney Richards fired an effort wide before they were awarded a penalty on five minutes as Lathaniel Rowe-Turner was adjudged to have fouled defender Matthew Bower.
Lewis Wilson stepped up and coolly slotted past keeper Jas Singh to give Stratford the lead.
It was an early shock and Tamworh struggled to recover, finding it hard to find their usual fluidity. The sides traded chances midway through the half.
Rowe-Turner did well to get in the way of a Ravi Shamsi shot while, at the other end, Rhys Hoenes saw an effort blocked by Daniel Vann.
The Lambs started to settle and had their best opening on 26 minutes.
Beswick played in Henri Wilder down the left and he whipped in a cross which Bilal Yafai blazed over.
Tamworth went close again just past the half hour and Waite was the architect.
He broke into the box at pace before crossing to Yafai, whose shot rippled into the side-netting with some fans thinking it had hit the back of the net.
The game completely turned on its head just before the break. Yafai fed Hoenes who raced clear but was brought down by Kyle Ambris.
As the last covering defender, Ambris was sent off and Beswick, who had missed a spot-kick on Saturday, confidently converted the penalty. As Beswick raced to pick up the ball from inside the goal, he was foolishly sent to the ground by keeper Harvey White, who became the second Stratford player to see red in a matter of minutes.
Defender Matt Bower went in goal and he pulled off a fine save to thwart Waite in a dramatic finish to the first half.

HT: Stratford Town 1    1 Tamworth

Tamworth looked to make the most of their numerical advantage and Hoenes headed over early in the second half.
Greg Kaziboni then saw a shot fumbled by Bower but the makeshift keeper did well to block Hoenes’ follow-up.
Credit to the nine men, they responded and Russ Oulton saw an effort deflected for a corner on 56 minutes.
Tamworth went back on the front foot and Kaziboni whipped in a cross which Yafai headed wide.
The home side were under pressure but showed occasional threat and Shamsi spotted Singh off his line and tried a lob which hit the roof of the net.
Waite’s run into the box created an opening for Beswick who fired wide. Tamworth edged ahead on 67 minutes as Waite went on a fine run but was brought down.
Beswick made no mistake from the penalty spot. Kaziboni was thwarted by Bower but as the Lambs had wave after wave of attack and Waite slotted in after good work from Dan Creaney on 72 minutes.
The Lambs were home and dry and, after a sloppy start to the clash, as the Bard of Stratford, William Shakespeare wrote, ‘All’s well that ends well’.

[Thanks to Matt Panter of the Tamworth Herald for the report] 

Tamworth Team:
Singh, Forde, Wilder, Beswick (c.) (Frances 78), Magunda, Rowe-Turner, Kaziboni (Clement 78), Fry (Creaney 69), Waite, Yafai, Hoenes
Unused: Reid, Obeng

YC: Fry, 43, Rowe-Turner 71

Stratford Town Team:

White, Ambris, Vann, Richards, Bower, Oulton (Wreh 75), Wilson, Nabay (Fishwick HT), Shariff, Shamsi, Edwards-John (Curtis 64)
Subs: Campbell0Mhlope, O'Keefe

YC: Outlon 42
RC: Ambris 42, White 43 

Attendance: 272

Referee: Mr. L. Corbett

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures
Casino Bonos
Best online casinos Canada - Casino Pilot