Search results to follow...

Lambs take a point home from Humberside

FT: North Ferriby United 0    0 Tamworth

02 September 2017

After the resounding home victory over Stockport County Andy Morrell’s side travelled to Grange Lane looking for a first ever league win at the ground.
The only victory over Ferriby on their own turf coming back in the 1989 FA Vase Semi Final 2nd leg.
Morrell made two changed to the side that disposed of County with Jones out all together and Reid on the bench with Ezewele and Curley making up the eleven.
On the subs bench Callum Powell made his first appearance on a teamsheet this season, while U21 Charlie Shaw also took a spot.

North Ferriby got the game underway and booted the ball down field and out of play at the training ground end of the pitch.
After a timid start, Tamworth pushed forward and Styche earned a corner on the right which Morley sent into the back of the box but Curley was unable to get his header on target.
Curley then had a better chance after a fine piece of play from Burns to Knights but his dink over the advancing keeper went wide of the mark.
Styche set up Knight with a shot on the edge of the area on 9 but the effort went over the bar. Styche was then upended in midfield and Picton booked for his efforts.
Morley’s dead ball was flicked on by Curley and Verma just missed his finish to open the scoring.
A first time shot from Hutchinson on 13 resulted in some pressure from the home side but Ezewele was on hand to boot the danger away out of the ground!
Knights and Styche combined again on 15 but the latter was unable to keep his shot down.
The Lambs midfield worked a unit to get the ball forward but Burns final ball in on 20 went back to Durrant and at the other end Upton mopped up a loose ball after Ferriby found themselves in the final third.
Hutchinson was booked on 22 for a foul on Ezewele and when Knights shot took a deflection in the next move Morley’s corner was dangerous but taken at height by Durrant.
Lambs pressure forced a corner on 27 but the ball from Knights was headed away. Upton’s long high ball for Styche was nearly controlled by the striker, but Durrant got there first on the half hour.
Knights tried his luck on 34 with a 25 yard right footed shot but it went over the bar by just an inch or two. Another corner on the right came on 40 but Verma’s header went wide of the far post.
Curley forced the first real save of the game on 42 with a low shot that Durrant pushed away and Morley was then booked for a challenge as Ferriby cleared.
Two minutes added time was shown at the end of the half.

HT: North Ferriby United 0    0 Tamworth

Tamworth restarted the game but a slip on the half way line by Lane allowed Ferriby to break forward and force a corner which was met by the head of Hutchinson and went high over the target.
Ezewele was unable to continue on 49 so was replaced by Reid.
Ferriby continued to look better than they had in the first half and forced another flag kick on 53 which came to nothing after a foul in the box.
Gray’s shirt pull on Styche earned the home defender a booking on 58 but the freekick from Morley was taken by Durrant, and when Ferriby broke forward Rowley had to be strong to take Bateson’s left wing cross.
Rzonca then picked up the ball after the Lambs failed to clear their lines and his shot went wide, but it exposed Tamworth’s lack of concentration.
Dixon then spotted a space after bursting past Verma and lifted his shot over the bar from 20 yards.
On 60 Knights and Styche combined to set up Reid but as the ball went towards the striker it was nipped off his toes by Dixon a yard from goal.
Reid was then thwarted by Durrant after a run into the box with a defender on his toes. Powell made his first appearance of the season on 75 replacing Styche and on 76 Reid set up Knights with an angled shot from the left which was struck well enough but went over the bar.
After some bursts of pace by Powell to get the ball into the Ferriby final third, Ferriby pushed forward themselves and forced a corner which was cleared.
Seidi lashed a cross come shot from the right onto the top of the Lambs netting on 84.
Ferriby were awarded a freekick on the left after a challenge by Burns and Russell struck the deadball into the box for Lane to head away.
Knights went clean through one on one on 87 but Durrant denied his initial shot and the rebound, and from the corner Reid headed over the bar.
Four minutes added time was shown at the end of the game and despite a last push from The Lambs the spoils were shared.

Tamworth Team:

Rowley, Burns, Morley, Deeney (c.), Ezewele (Reid 49), Lane, Upton, Verma, Styche (Powell 75), Curley, Knights (Walters 88)
Subs: Jezeph, Shaw

YC: Morley 42

North Ferriby United Team:

Durrant, Cooke, Dixon, Johnson, Gray, Picton, Russell (c.), Bateson, Francis (Seidi 77), Hutchinson (Pugh 74), Rzonca
Subs: Ambalu, Barrows, Kyei

YC: Picton 10, Hutchinson 22, Gray 58

Attendance: 261

Referee: Mr. A. Tankard

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures