Search results to follow...

Lambs brake Leamington for the win

FT: Leamington 1    2 Tamworth

08 August 2017

Tamworth started brightly and a second minute shot from Deeney was deflected back to Breeden but the keeper could do nothing about a deflected Burns shot which struck Gudger and went past Breeden in off the bar – an own goal. (1-0, 4 mins)
Knights tried an audacious effort on 7 after he spotted Breeden off his line but the shot was taken byu the keeper fairly easily. Some god threaded passes found Burns in a good position to put the ball back across the face of goal on 11 but there was no one there to finish the chance.
Lane took the brunt of a crunching slide on 14 but was able to continue after treatment as Knights continue to make a menace of himself down the left side of the Lambs midfield.
A Lambs corner on 16 was well met by Jones but his header was knocked away and the ball back in caught Styche off side, but he had been unable to control the chance anyway.
A freekick on the left set up the Brakes with a deadball chance on 20 and Thompson-Brown’s ball was headed away but only as far as English and his half volley dipped over the bar.
Another deep freekick was headed goalward by Bishop on 22 but Rowley was in no mood to be beaten. Leamington kept up the pressure with another dead ball from Thompson-Brown on 24 which was headed behind for a corner and English was on hand at the near post to scoop it home at the near post (1-1, 24 mins)
Quick ball movement into the Leamington box resulted in an air shot from Knights on 31 after good interchanging passes from Styche, Taylor and Knights.
Knights then struck the inside of the right hand post with a shot from the left of the box and the ball came back to Taylor who tried a curling shot in to the far corner but lifted his effort over the target. Knights tried his luck again on 39 but his low shot was straight at Breeden.
Styche stood firm when Breeden kicked the ball out of his hands and it rebounded off his head and nearly gave Tamworth an unexpected lead on 40, then Jones picked up a booking for a trip inside the Lambs half.
Styche was booked for a similar misdemeanour as two minutes added time was shown and the first half ended with a speculative long range effort from Thompson-Brown which Rowley parried down as the whistle blew.

HT: Leamington 1    1 Tamworth

The Lambs restarted proceedings and the home side had the first chance with Obeng well placed on the edge of the area, but Rowley was quickly out to block any sight on goal he may have had.
A low shot from Taylor forced Breeden into a low stop on 54 while at the other end Obeng caused Rowley some more problems.
Taylor tried his luck with another low shot which Breeden denied on the hour and at the other end Rowley frustrated Obeng once again in similar fashion.
Burns nearly got his name on the scoresheet on 63 but lifted his shot from the edge of the box over the bar.
Reid waited to come on for Styche as Upton forced a corner on 66 which was cleared away and on 70 Clarke was booked for a foul on Lane.
The Lambs took the lead on 73 when Deeney’s ball through to Verma fell perfectly for him to roll it home from the edge of the area inside the right hand post in almost slow motion past the despairing dive of Breeden (2-1, 73 mins)
Other than when Reid picked up a booking for a late challenge on Breeden which knocked the keeper against his own post on 80, there was little to report until the 85th minute when Taylor forced a corner on the right which was cleared.
Three minutes added time were shown at the end of the game and The lambs made a change and kept the ball as best they could until the final whistle blew on three points.

Tamworth Team:

Rowley, Burns, Morley, Deeney, Jones (c.), Lane, Upton, Verma, Styche (Reid 67), Knights (Davies 90), Taylor
Subs: Ezewele, Curley, Walters

YC: Jones 41, Styche 45, Reid 80

Leamington Team:

Breeden (c.), Taundry, Gudger, Clarke (Butterfield 78), Hood, Magunda (James 86), Obeng, Gittings, Bishop (Revan 77), English, Thompson-Brown
Subs: Moore, Rankin

YC: Clarke 70

Attendance: 635

Referee: Mr. R. Watton

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures