Search results to follow...

Harriers swoop twice to take the points

FT: Kidderminster Harriers 2    0 Tamworth

14 April 2018

Following a midweek trip to watch 4th placed promotion play off place chasing Harriers in action, The Lambs returned to Aggborough to take them on on their own turf.

With Davies and Asante on the bench, Donohue and Knights lined up in the starting XI as Tamworth started proceedings. And the got off to a bright start forcing the home side back into their own third for the opening few minutes and a corner came off Angus' run into the box on 5 but a push in the box halted play from Knights' flag kick.
Weeks pulled back Angus in the left channel on 7 and Kettle nearly finished the dead ball from Knights at the far post.
Angus then skipped through to force another corner on the left and both Knights and Verma tried close range efforts which were blocked before the flag went up for offside.
With scores coming through from Alfreton against Brackley it gave supporters a different slant on proceedings as The Lambs pushed forwards again but a long through from Sharpe was eventually booted clear. Another good ball was taken donw by Donohue on 23 but the resulting cross was too long then on 23 Stevens made his first save of the game to deny Austin with a fingertip push over the bar after the Harriers man found space to chip a shot from the edge of the area.
Stevens was called upon again on 25 to deny Sonupe a chance when the ball was played to his feet in the area, but the keeper was quick out to block him and deny the chance. Austin drilled a low shot at Stevens on 26 and Sharpe needed treatment for a pull in his groin on 29 which gave everyone a drinks break in the spring sunshine.
Harrier's Hall was called into action on 35 when Angus recieved the ball in the box from Donohue and his shot took a deflection and it nearly snuck inside the near post if it hadn't been for the keeper.
From the corner Burns found Sharpe and his right sided cushioned cross into the box was headed well enough by Jones, but Hall pushed it over the bar for a corner, which was put behind for another which went too long.
Another foul on Angus on the left set up Knights with another freekick on 40 but it was straight into the arms of the keeper.
Harriers pushed into the Lambs area on 42 and forced a corner when the defence was forced to block rather than clear but McQuilkin's corner was cleared although when Austin picked up the ball he did strike for goal and failed to hit the target.
As two minutes added time was shown Auston surged forwards and fired right footed for goal but it rose up and over Stevens' goal before the whistle blew.

HT: Kidderminster Harriers 0    0 Tamworth

Harriers restarted proceedings with The Lambs now attacking the empty terrace in the away end, with 105 travelling supporters seated at the end of the main stand.
Harriers won the first corner of the half and when the ball popped up for O'Connor he volleyed it at Stevens who did very well to prevent it going past him with a strong block and clearance.
Austin cut inside again on 50 but lifted his strike high ove the target almost clearing the stand behind the home goal.
On 55 Harriers forced a corner on the right via Sonupe's shot which Tamworth broke from and when Weeks brought down Angus he earned himself a booking.
The play from the deadball saw Donohue in possession and he pass to Burns resulted in a cross for Verma but his glancing header went wide.
Ngwatala drilled a low ball into the nar post on the hour which was scrambled behind for a corner.
Kidderminster got onto the scoresheet on 63 when a right sided Harriers cross appeared to take a deflection before going in off Ironside with Stevens unable to react quickly enough (0-1, 63 mins)
It was 2-0 to the home side on 66 when Ngwatala drilled the loose ball home after Harriers pressure caused problems at the back and the loose ball dropped invitingly for him to finish from 8 yards out. (0-2, 66 mins)
Angus was only just beaten to a whipped in cross from the left on 69 in the move after ASante had replaced Lane.
Asante perhaps should have done better with a shot from 12 yards on 73 after Kettle had released Angus who found Donohue who squared it into the path of Asante but the striker could only find Hall with the goal at his mercy and a low shot.
Angus picked up a booking when he lashed out after losing out to his covering defender on the edge of the area on 77.
As the minutes ticked down both teams made a change or two and on 86 Angus got a stay boot to the head when O'Connor tried to clear it unaware of the forward coming from behind and picked up a booking for his efforts.
Verma curled the dead ball ove trhe target from 25 yards. As five minutes added time was shown, Harriers substitute Waring beat the offside trap but his low ball into the area from the left was cleared away at the near post and there was no further action at Aggborough before the final whistle blew, although the MOM was announced as the Harriers keeper, Hall.

Tamworth Team:

Stevens, Burns, Sharpe, Kettle, Jones (c.), Lane (Asante 68), Donohue, Verma, Angus, Taylor, Knights (Davies 84)
Subs: Upton, Shaw, Powell

YC: Angus 77

Kidderminster Harriers Team:

Hall, Digle, Austin, Croasdale, Horsfall, O'Connor, Weeks, McQuilkin (Waring 80), Ironside, Ngwatala (Truslove 85), Sonupe (Brown 75)
Subs: Stratford, Vaughan

YC: Weeks 56, O'Connor 86

Attendance: 1821

Referee: Mr. D. Watson

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures