Search results to follow...

Everyone back to The Lamb

FT: Altrincham 0    0 Tamworth

16 December 2006

Mark Cooper’s Lambs travelled to Moss Lane, Altrincham looking to progress to the next round of the FA Carlsberg Trophy against their hosts who had a good Trophy pedigree, having got at least to last four seven times in the last 30 years and with Manager Graham Heathcote also having picked up a winners medal with his current side back in his playing days.

Cooper made two changes to the side that lost at Crawley, Stevenson was dropped to the bench behind Matt Williams and Tom Kemp came straight back into the starting eleven, with Simon Weaver sitting out through injury

With just over a week to go until Christmas there was no surprise that the ground appeared less populated than expected with around just 40 Lambs fans making the journey north.

In the first action of an other wise slow-to-start first half Adie Smith escaped a half hearted shout for handball in the area on 7 minutes and Tom Kemp picked up a yellow card for a foul on Lewis Chalmers.
While at the other end 3 minutes later when Tom Kemp rose to head Jon McGrath’s freekick a few shouts for handball against the home team were heard but waved away by the referee.

On 22 the first real chance of the game came to the home side and ended with Colin Little firing wide with a well taken volley after Robbie Lawton and Gary Scott had combined down the right.
Then on 27 Williams glances a header at Stuart Coburn’s goal but it took a slight deflection and went out for the first corner of the game which ultimately proved fruitless.
Suddenly chances starting arriving and Little sprinted onto a through ball by Chalmers but fired wide and a freekick by Jon McGrath on 29 almost fell, via a lucky deflection, to Taiwo Atieno but Coburn was quicker to react to the loose ball.
Extended pressure from The Lambs at the end of the first half failed to produce an opening goal despite some useful work by Atieno and Taylor down the right.
HT: 0-0

The second half failed to spring into life until the 70th minute when McGrath’s freekick was met in the area by Kemp but stopped with a blocking dive by Coburn who also prevented a follow up as the ball squirmed from his grasp.
On 79 Little headed towards Veiga’s goal and the Lambs keeper spilled the ball out for a corner but the flagkick was wasted and the pattern of play returned once again.
Even a McGrath freekick on 82 could not break the deadlock as the clock ticked towards a replay on Tuesday night and when Taylor sprinted through the home defence he rolled his shot wide of far post on 83.

Atieno, Burton (Stevenson 64)
Williams (Storer 87), McGrath, Heslop, Taylor
Law (Kendrick HT), Kemp, Smith, Laight

Subs: Cooper, Belford

Little, O’Neill (Bowler 72)
Chalmers ,Lawton, Bushell, Owen (Thomson 78)

Peyton, Munroe, Band, Scott (Apsinall HT)

Subs: Thornley, Talbot

Yellow Cards: Kemp 8, Taylor 59
Red Cards:

Att:621 (40-50 TFC )

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures