Search results to follow...

Another three points for The Lambs...

FT: Worcester City 1    2 Tamworth

11 August 2015The opening exchanges saw Paul Green fire wide of the target for The Lambs with our first sight of goal, whilst at the other end a couple of Ellis Deeney long throw-ins caused problems for our back-line but ultimately came to nothing. There was a good tempo to the early action with Tamworth seeing plenty of the ball but neither ‘keeper seriously tested. That was until a sweet strike from distance by Shane Clarke in the 21st minute dipped under the crossbar and into the net to open the scoring for The Lambs. Within two minutes our lead was doubled when Kieran Morris failed to clear the ball and Elliott Durrell was alert to tuck home and make it 2-0. Andy Morrell kicking every ball in his technical area as he directed operations from the sidelines this evening rather than on the pitch. There was a full-blooded collision involving Strong and Tyler Weir near the touchline as the half came to a close. It was straight in front of the dug-outs and both physios were quickly on the field. Both players got to their feet but were visibly dazed, with Strong also having a cut on his head. He was replaced by Luke Hubbins. The half ended with a Deeney free-kick and then a long-range effort from Geddes both easy for Belshaw before Durrell’s strike was gathered by the home ‘keeper at the other end. It ended 2-0 to The Lambs at half-time.

HT: Worcester City 0    2 Tamworth

The second period started with Worcester showing purpose as they looked to get back into the game, but their early efforts failed to trouble Belshaw. Some good defending by The Lambs thwarts our hosts before Danny Newton is booked for a foul. There’s a chance for Connor Taylor which he fires over after a clearance from the home ‘keeper falls at his feet. After Sean Wilkins replaces Durrell, Danny Newton is forced to hobble out of the action as Ross Dyer takes his place. An effort from Ashley Vincent is well watched by Belshaw who makes a routine save. The Lambs won a couple of free-kicks out wide on the right, with the first from Taylor delivered teasingly into the area but cleared. Then Hubbins put the ball to the far post and as it was half-cleared, Clarke’s strike from the edge of the area was blocked. Some committed defending from The Lambs saw Belshaw block well before skipper, Paul Green hooked the follow-up off the line as somehow the ball stayed out. With just over ten minutes to go, the home side pulled a goal back as Ryan Rowe guided the ball home from close range to set up a tense finish. It was end-to-end stuff as Hubbins went down in the area but the referee was unimpressed despite the appeals. As the home side counter-attacked, Deeney saw his effort blocked as the follow-up was fired well wide of the target. There was a melee as tempers boiled over. Sean Wilkins saw yellow for his part in it. As we approached the final minute, Wilkins was played in down the right but he delayed his strike and Worcester were able to block. Moments later at the other end, Belshaw did well to deny the hosts as he saved Nti’s header in what was an entertaining finale. The final whistle signalled another three points for The Lambs as we secured a hard-earned 2-1 victory.

Tamworth Team:

Belshaw, Burns, Strong (Hubbins), Smith, Tomassen, Preston, Durrell (Wilkins), Clarke, Newton (Dyer), Green, Taylor.

Subs not used: Gascoigne, Davies.

Worcester City Team:

Vaughan, Weir (Vincent), Campion, Morris (Gater), McDonald, Gudger, Nti, Deeney, Rowe, Geddes, Nash (Spencer).

Subs not used: Lloyd-Weston, Elvins.

Attendance: 668

Referee: Daniel Leach

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures