Search results to follow...

Daniels sees red making a point

FT: North Ferriby United 0    0 Tamworth

14 February 2015

Following the comeback draw against top of the table Barrow, Andy Morrell’s third placed Lambs faced another tough test this time away from home, as FA Trophy Semi Finalists North Ferriby welcomed his side with friendly open arms to their Grange Lane ground. Morrell made one change to the side that took a point against the Bluebirds seven days previously, welcoming TJ back into the line up with Paul Green out injured. In Green’s absence keeper James Belshaw took the captains armband.

Tamworth, in blue black and white with the home side playing in white and green, started proceedings kicking towards the 1989 temporary stand end of the ground and after a freekick Ferriby’s way threatened the Lambs box a pull on Hibbert allowed Daniels to fire into the opposite area from the right wing but Bolder headed away.
Daniels was given another chance with a dead ball on 9 from further away but Nicklin rose well to catch the ball at height in a crowded box.
At the other end A deflected effort forced a corner on the left but it came to nothing and on 12 a curling ball into the area from D’Laryea was headed well wide of the far post by an overstretching King. Daniels persistence and low ball in nearly found Taylor but it was put behind for a corner near the far post and Daniels flag kick was cleared.
A TJ freekick on 17 was also cleared from the danger area by the Villagers and play quickly went the other way and a corner caused some problems for Belshaw, but a foul in the area halted play. Daniels launched a right sided dead ball just past the far corner of bar and post on 24 but Nicklin was happy to watch it out and a corner from Vidal’s cross came on 26.
Daniels first corner was headed behind for another and the second time Nicklin gathered under pressure from Hibbert. And the Lambs number 10 was involved again when he was tripped on the right wing.
His low driven deadball went wide of the near post and didn’t trouble the keeper.
Styche forced another flagkick on 30 but it was headed away and Ferriby counter attacked but lost possession for Belshaw to restart with a goalkick.
A strong run out of midfield by Vidal was halted by a trip on the edge of the area on 33 and Daniels lifted the freekick over the wall but also a few feet over the bar.
A Ferriby corner on 37 was met well by the head of Hone but his effort was straight at Belshaw.
The breakneck speed continued to no avail through to the half time whistle and fans of both sides were left with no clue as to which side were the better of the two.
A good run by Bateson set up King on 44 but his shot from 18 yards was sufficiently off target for Belshaw not to go near it, and Hone headed Taylor’s teasing cross away off the penalty spot on 45.
One minute added time was shown at the end of the half which ended goalless.

HT: North Ferriby United 0    0 Tamworth

Ferriby restarted the match and the pace of the first half continued.
By 55, it was still not obvious which was the game could go and although the number of niggly freekicks seemed to be reducing, one from TJ found Daniels on 56 but his shot from 18 yards was blocked, en route to goal.
A great move out of midfield by Daniels saw him play the ball across from the right into the box for Hibbert and his angled shot rose over the target from the left of the area on 60.
Styche managed to get a shot away despite his arm being held as he shaped to shoot on 61 but put it high onto the training pitch behind the terracing.
Lambs pressure saw Nicklin save with his feet from a Daniels shot on 66.
After Ferriby brought striker Jarman on it was James who denied Hone's header with a spectacularly hoof away to keep it 0-0 on 74.
A quick Lambs break saw Styche shoot easily for Nicklin to smother and Taylor made way for Jackson on 76.
After a soft foul by Vidal on 77, Daniels was shown a straight red card for what must have been protestations towards the referee to leave The Lambs a man short for the final 12.
Bateson curled one from 20 yards over the top right corner on 80 and ten man Tamworth pushed forward to force a couple of corners.
A couple of bookings, one a piece, were also handed out by the referee and play continued at the same pace.
Three minutes added time were shown at the end of the game and Clarke nearly squeezed a shot inside the near post on 93 only for Belshaw to push it away for a corner.
A last ditch corner from the home side was cleared and Tamworth forced one of their own before the final whistle blew.

Tamworth Team:

Belshaw, Vidal, Sampson, James, Smith, Taylor (Jackson 76), HIbbert, Clarke, Adams, Styche (Thornton 83), Daniels

Subs: Trainer, Wilkins, Morrell

Yellow Cards: Hibbert 86
Red Cards: Daniels 77 

North Ferriby United Team:

Nicklin, Topliss, Wilde, King, Gray, Hone, Clarke D, Bolder (Fry 55), Kendall (Jarman 72), D’Laryea, Bateson

Subs: Wilson, Nicholson, Peat

Yellow Cards: Hone 86, Fry 90
Red Cards: none

Attendance: 433

Referee: Mr. T Nield

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures