Search results to follow...

City force it home for unlucky thirteen

FT: Oxford City 1    0 Tamworth

31 January 2015Lambs boss Adny Morrell made no changes to the starting XI to face City at Marsh Lane and Tamworth got the game underway attacking the clubhouse end of the tidy and functional ground.
The first five minutes of the game saw both sides trying to keep their balance in the deceptively muddy conditions underfoot but Vidal was able to make some headway down the right on 6 only for his cross to let him down.
Taylor forced a corner on the left on 13 and despite the Lambs pressure there was no end product, and so on 18 there was a run forward by former Lamb Yussuf forced a corner and when the ball came out and was fired back in Oxford captain Pond headed past the far post from a good unmarked near post position.
Whenever Tamworth got the ball, the home side were very quick to close them down as two up front tried to battle through between four and six defenders.
At the other end Jackson forced a great one handed save from Belshaw on 25 to keep it at 0-0 after City had threaded the ball through to him on the edge of the area and The Lambs defence had been unable to close him down before he struck low towards the bottom left hand corner.
A Lambs corner was met by the head of Sampson on 30 and in turn Hibbert directed it toward the far post but it didn’t drop fast enough and nestled on the roof of the net and that was the last meaningful action in the first half.

HT: Oxford City 0    0 Tamworth

The home side got the game back underway and put the pressure on The Lambs straight away.
But when Tamworth pushed forwards on 50 a foul by Lapoujade set up Green with a dead ball which he struck low but past the wall and out wide of the left hand upright.
On 53Benjamin put a two footed tackle in on Adams and escaped with a yellow card. Then a quick through ball to Styche saw De La Cruz have to react quickly to dive at his feet and deny the striker a chance on 54 but Oxford broke to the opposite end and Tamworth were unable to deal with the City advances and Yussuf finished from close range.
The play immediately ran to the opposite end and De La Cruz saw red for handling outside the area as Styche bore down on his box, and Benjamin took on the keepers shirt for the freekick, and onwards, which Styche put over the stand.
Sub Daniels fired a freekick into the box on 67 but it was headed away for a corner which came out of the box and play was eventually halted for offside.
More offside flags frustrated The Lambs as the minutes ticked on and City took their time when they had possession.
With less than 6 minutes of normal time remaining Styche went through but blasted the ball high over the target from 18 yards and Daniels fired low at Benjamin and the makeshift keeper gathered it bravely at the second attempt.
Styche was called offside again 6 yards from goal on 87 and despite The Lambs best intentions they couldn’t force a save from Benjamin until the final whistle blew after the end of the 95th minute.

Tamworth Team:
Belshaw, Vidal, Sampson, James, Smith, Adams (Jackson 71), Green, Clarke, Hibbert (Daniels 66), Styche, Taylor (Thornton 61)
Subs: Trainer, Wilkins
Yellow Cards: Vidal 64, Daniels 73
Red Cards: none

Oxford City Team:
De La Cruz, Coulson, Stonehouse, Fofani, Henderson, La Poujade, Jackson, Pond, Yussuf, Rodriguez, Benjamin (went in goal on 60)
Subs: Winters, Del Alamo, Wilson, Barcelos, Murombedz
Yellow Cards: none
Red Cards: De La Cruz 60

Attendance: 436

Referee: Mr Tim Wood

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures