Search results to follow...

Tigers kill off Lambs

FT: Tamworth 3    4 Hyde FC

29 November 2014Tamworth welcomed bottom of the Conference Vanarama North Hyde to The Lamb for their 3rd Round FA Trophy tie with £4,000 on offer to the winners, but ahead of the draw on Monday lunchtime there was 90 minutes football to be played. Lambs boss Andy Morrell made a couple of changes to the side that came from behind to defeat Brackley on Tuesday night and were hoping to make it three wins on the bounce. Reece Styche’s loan spell had ended and so he returned to Kidderminster Harriers, while Paul Green came into the starting eleven with Kayden Jackson. The Lambs got the game underway, attacking the Castle End in the first half but it was the visitors Hughes made a strong quick run down the right squaring low for Bentham who lifted his shot over the bar from 8 yards out on 4. At the other end on 5, Hibbert got his head onto a Daniels freekick but Hyde broke quickly from the keeper’s kick out of his hands and Belshaw was forced to push the ball away before it was cleared. The offside flag stopped another Hyde attack when Hughes received the ball on the right of the box from a splitting cross field long pass on 7. And from a great ball into the box on 8, Hibbert spun and fired left footed into the net to give The Lambs the lead. But within three minutes he was forced to leave the field with a hamstring pull and force an early substitution, bringing Taylor into the fray. It took a reactionary stop from Belshaw to deny Cribley’s touched on shot on 18 and the keeper used his feet to deny Brizell on 19, but on 20 Blakeman did find the back of the net with a low shot from the left corner of the box that went in at the far post. (1-1) Green forced a corner with a deflected shot from 25 yards on 27 and got on the end of the flag kick but his header floated past the far post and out of play. Daniels fire the ball into the box from the left on 28 and it took a touch to take it past the far post for a right sided corner which Hyde hoofed away. It took a great save from Connor Hunt to deny Clarke on the half hour meanwhile Cribley tried one from the half way line and with Belshaw scampering back it went over the bar by just a foot or two. Another corner was forthcoming on 35 and although Preston met it with is head at the far post he couldn’t direct it inside the post. Then, after a period of sustained pressure Tamworth regained the lead on 38 with a powerful strike from fully 30 yards that gave Hunt absolutely no chance. (2-1) But in 45+and Blakeman smashed home his second equaliser from 6 yards out after The Lambs failed to clear the danger to make it 2-2 at the interval.

HT: Tamworth 2    2 Hyde FC

Hyde restarted proceedings after Tamworth had made a change, with Sampson replacing Preston, and a foul on Vidal on the half way line left the defender needing treatment on 48. There was little to report for the next ten minutes as both sides worked hard in the centre of the field for supremacy while both keepers were virtual spectators. Daniels started a move that Taylor finished inside the box with a low shot under the advancing Hyde keeper on 58 to make it 3-2. Following a strong run, a trip on Jackson gave Tamworth a freekick in the left channel just outside the box on 67 but Daniels struck the wall with his dead ball and the chance was cleared. Cribley picked up the first card of the game on 71 following a tackle on Wilkins but the freekick found its way back to Hunt. On 78, Wilkins nearly bagged his first goal but his shot from the right of the box took a deflection past the far post for a left sided corner, and Sampson was just unable to jump high enough to get his head on the ball. Daniels tried to make his way down the left wing on 81 but was pulled back and the freekick went straight back to Hunt, allowing Hyde to break. From a corner and a poor pass in Lamb midfield the visitors nearly equalised for a third time, but Belshaw was on hand to deny Bentham twice from close range. But Hughes pulled a superb equaliser out of the bag on 87 with a long range strike from the left of midfield that flew into the top corner (3-3). Then, Belshaw performed a miracle to deny Giverin’s right footed strike with a one handed wonder save and Green had to be careful with a last ditch tackle to deny the visitors taking the lead. Last gasp pressure from Hyde saw a corner awarded and the ball was half volleyed home by Hyde captain McQuade to put the Manchester club into the hat for the draw on Monday.

Tamworth Team:

Belshaw, Smith, Vidal (Wilkins 62), James, Preston (Sampson HT), Adams, Green, Clarke, Jackson, Hibbert (Taylor 11), Daniels

Subs: Gill, Trainer

Hyde FC Team:

Hunt, Brizell, Blakeman, McQuade, Flynn (Day 82), Lomax, Hughes, Giverin, Bentham, Thurston (Masterton 68), Cribley (Bove 86)

Subs: Pachipis, O’Connor

Attendance: 482

Man of the Match: James Belshaw

Referee: Mr. W. Porter

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures