Search results to follow...

Preston wins it in added time

FT: Hednesford Town 2    3 Tamworth

22 November 2014League match seventeen of the season saw The Lambs make the short journey to Keys Park and take on The Pitmen of Hednesford Town in the two sides first league meeting since March 2003.
Andy Morrell made four changes to the side that suffered defeat at Lowestoft as Trainer, Hibbert, Smith and Preston came into the starting eleven.
Tamworth got the game underway and with the match segregated, the faced the home fans in the first half. There was a good effort from Diggin for the home side in the fifth minute from distance and it brought a good stop from Belshaw to deny him in the first goalmouth action of the match.
Glover rose high to head the ball over the cross bar from a right wing cross on 10. Home captain Westwood was unable to continue following a clatter shortly afterwards and forced Pitmen manager Rob Smith to make an early change.
Former Lamb Francis Francino gave Hednesford the lead with a close range header from a Tom Thorley corner on 19 minutes (0-1)
Then, on 26, Styche was brought down as he advanced into the area by Hurst and a penalty was awarded which he despatched to the goalkeeper’s left to level the tie (1-1)
Daniels struck from the left wing and forced Crane to fumble but he recovered quickly to deny Hibbert’s follow up on 30.
But Hibbert was successful when he received the ball on the right of the box, wriggled through the Pitmen defence and rolled the ball under Crane and give The Lambs the lead on 33 (2-1).
Three minutes added time were shown at the end of the first half which ended without further incident.

HT: Hednesford Town 1    2 Tamworth

Hednesford restarted proceedings and after Diggin had got his name taken by the referee, in the 49th minute Hibbert forced Crane into a good block with a shot from distance.
The Pitmen Town drew level through a close range finish from Melbourne after a defence splitting run down the left low and cross from Glover on 53 to make it all square once again (2-2).
Belshaw parried a thumping freekick over the bar from Sullivan’s 25 yard strike shortly after. Sampson picked up a yellow card for a late challenge on the right side of defence and set up the home side with an inviting dead ball which Glover headed into the arms of Belshaw.
Styche looked for goal with a right footed shot from the left of the box ut a deflection took it over the bar and out for a right sided corner.
After Sampson had picked up a booking, Sullivan forced another superb save from Belshaw from his driven shot on 67 and on 80 Belshaw dropped to parry Glover’s long range low strike away from danger.
A cross from James on 87 was cleared over his own bar by Thorley and from the left sided corner, Hibbert glanced his header wide.
A late offside flag denied home sub Robinson a one on one with Belshaw on 90 as three minutes added time was shown.
A last minute corner was then awarded and when the ball came into the box Lambs captain Preston was able to lift the ball into the top right hand corner and win the game, and a much needed three points. (3-2)

Tamworth Team:
Belshaw, Smith, Trainer (Taylor 68), James, Preston, Sampson, Adams, Clarke, Hibbert (Townsend 90), Styche (Jackson 74), Daniels
Subs: Wilkins, Morrell

Hednesford Town Team:
Crabne, Hurst, Westwood (c) (Sullivan 17), Bailey, Francis, Thorley, Osborne, Walker, Glover (Robinson 85), Diggin, Melbourne
Subs: Love, Price

Attendance: 696

Referee: Mr. M. Rawcliffe

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures