Search results to follow...

Harriers fly past Lambs

FT: Kidderminster Harriers 5    3 Tamworth

23 November 2013After defeat to promotion chasing Grimsby the previous Saturday Dale Belford took his squad to Aggborough to face Steve Burr's second placed side.
Belford was without the services of suspended Wayne Thomas and named a side with two other changes as Mark Wright and Ryan Croasdale took a place on the bench with David Morgan, Richard Peniket and Jordan Keane all making the starting line up.
Tamworth got the match underway kicking away from the scoreboard end of the ground where a healthy smattering of travelling fans spread themselves out over the covered terracing.
Harries won an early corner which they took short and it took a couple of hefty boots to clear the danger  but it came back in and fell to Dunkley who managed to get a header on target but found Belford in the way.
Lolley then threaded his way into the area and forced Belford to react quickly to  a very close range shot which the keeper pushed away for another left sided corner on 4. Belford punched it clear but a foul by Todd 25 yards out handed Harriers a freekick and Gash struck it powerfully from distance only to find Belford in fine form again, parrying the shot behind for a right sided corner and it caused problems in the box before Capaldi was able to clear.
Play continued at a fast pace and it was Malbon's pace on 20 that gave Harriers the lead. He burst through the centre channel beat the defenders and rounded Belford before side footing home.
Then, on 22, Lolley made light work of the Lambs defence, attacking the right of the box as he saw it, before cutting back and curling a low shot inside the far left post past Belford to make it 2-0 to the home side.
On 25 Vaughan advanced from right back position and it took Belford to stop him netting his side's third goal in 5 minutes after he managed to get through the midfield and defence and into the box.
Morgan-Smith made a bursting run down the Harriers left wing on 34 and after finding a bit of space lifted a cross the box shot towards the far corner but it skipped out and past the post to the dismay of the home fans and relief of the visiting ones.
Peniket came close to hitting the target with a header under pressure on 35 but a header from Gash on 40 rebounded off the underside of the crossbar and was cleared away from the line as Tamworth escaped going further behind.
Peniket then forced Lewis into a flying save with a shot from the left of the Harriers box but it was the last action of the half as one minute added time ended the first period.

HT: Kidderminster Harriers 2    0 Tamworth

Harriers got the second half underway and an early Lambs corner saw Lewis stretch high to catch the flick on.
Peniket then forced a corner via a deflected left footed shot in the left of the box on 47 but it was headed behind for a goalkick and Lewis took all the time required for his kick.
Another flagkick, this time on the right lead to The Lambs pulling one back on 50 following a right sided corner which Peniket rose at the near post to flick home. (1-2, 50 mins)
Capaldi was booked for a foul by the left touch ine on 54 as Harriers pushed forwards, and the Lambs comeback didn't last long as Morgan-Smith made the most of a cut back from the Harriers right to side foot home into the far corner on 56.
Gowling received a yellow card on 59 following a foul on Peniket on the left and Morgan fired home the deadball from fully 35 yards to reduce the arrears one again and with plenty of time for more of the same. (2-3, 60 mins)
Chadwick went up with Lewis to try and nod the ball past the keeper from Capaldi's deep freekick on 69.
At the other end Belford denied Lolley with his feet after the Harriers player broke through the back under close attention from Richards-Everton but a foul by Todd allowed Vaughan to strike his freekick at goal and Belford parried it away and Lolley tried to finish the rebound but failed.
Two bookings in quick succession saw Todd and Hildreth go into the referee's note book.
Belford was then called upon to push the ball around the post when a shot ballooned off his covering defenders and he had to throw himself at the goalbound effort.
Harriers extended their lead even further on 83 through Storer though, when the former Lamb picked up the ball and struck right footed from distance past Belford who had no chance of stopping the goal. (2-5, 83mins)
The Lambs almost pulled one back when Richards and Wright combined but the shot trickled past the keeper and right hand post for a corner which Lewis pushed away.
Then on 90 Chadwick reduced the arrears again with a diagonal finish from the left of the box after Keane's shot had been pushed away by Lewis but despite 5 minutes added time there were no more goals and the 103 travelling fans had to leave disappointed that three away goals had not equated to any points. 

Tamworth Team:

Belford C, Richards-Everton, Richards, Peniket, Courtney, Capaldi, Todd (Wright 83), Chadwick, Hildreth, Morgan, Keane
Subs: Kerry, Baker, Byfield, Croasdale

Kidderminster Harriers Team:

Lewis, Vaughan, Jackman, Gowling, Dunkley, Fowler (Demetriou 84), Lolley (Dance 87), Malbon (Byrne 70), Morgan-Smith
Subs: Vaughan (GK), Blissett

Attendance: 1951

Referee: Mr. N. Kinsey (Essex)

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures