Search results to follow...

Lambs earn point in exciting game

FT: Tamworth 0    0 Barnet

13 August 2013

Recently relegated Barnet gave Dale's Lambs their first match at The Lamb this season,
with Dutch International Edgar Davids in their ranks as player-manager,
although he wasn't on the teamsheet tonight. He kept an unchanged side from the
team that beat Chester on Saturday. Remarkably, Barnet prior to tonight held a
remarkable record of not gaining an away league win on a Tuesday night for over
8 years, dating back to 9th August 2005. For Tamworth, they too
remained unchanged from their win in Wiltshire, with a solitary Wayne Thomas

Barnet kicked off towards the Castle End, and immediately gave away a freekick for a handball, which Tony Capaldi delivered
but Peniket flicked the ball wide of the far post. On 4 minutes, Elliot Johnson fired a shot at goal that Belford was able to watch just over the bar. Barnet then after 10 minutes had the ball in the back of the Tamworth goal, only for
it to be disallowed for a clear handball by Weston, who was booked as a result.
Justin Richards minutes later sent Peniket down the right wing, who pushed the
ball past the onrushing Stack, and in this was clattered on the edge of the
box, also receiving a caution. Capaldi with the concluding freekick hit just
past the goalkeepers right past the post. Gambin after 16 minutes was played
down the left wing for Barnet, and played a dangerous ball into the Tamworth
box, requiring a saving tackle from Richards-Everton, and the resulting corner
was cleared. After some slicker passing from Barnet, on 25 Marsh-Brown headed
his effort just past Belford's left post. The match became scrappy for 10 minutes
and without action until Weston and Brown both hit shots from distance on
Belford's goal that were caught with relative ease. Jones after battling in the
left corner won Tamworth a corner, delivered by Evans but was seen over by the
Barnet keeper. The last 5 minutes remained without action, and the half ended
all square.

HT: Tamworth 0    0 Barnet

As Tamworth and Barnet reappeared, the latter made one change with Acheampong replacing
Saville. Tamworth started bright, but it was Barnet who created the first chance
after good work, space opened up for Jake Hyde, who shot into Richards-Everton,
winning a corner that was headed over by Dave Stephens. On 67 minutes, the ball
was half cleared by Tamworth to Weston, who drove a shot on the volley, forcing
a good stop to Belfords left. Richards-Everton on 70 minutes went into the
referee's book with a mistimed tackle 25 yards out. The resultant freekick was
well saved above Belford's head, and launched a break with Jake Jones, winning
a throw that was eventually cleared. After 80 minutes, Richards-Everton played
a superb cross field ball for Evans who won a corner that was put into the box
by Capaldi and Baker headed into the hands of the grateful Barnet keeper. Both
sides made subs in the latter stages, Barnet bringing on Harry Crawford and
Tamworth entering Belford, Woolery and Todd into the fray. Kerry was booked for
a pull on 88 minutes, and after this 4 minutes was added by the referee. Both
teams however seemed satisfied to play for a point, and finished goalless,
leaving both Barnet and Tamworth with 4 points and not a goal conceded between

Tamworth Team:
Cameron Belford, Jake Evans, Tony Capaldi, Wayne Thomas, Ben Richards-Everton, Duane Courtney , Richard Baker, Lloyd Kerry (Andy Todd 88), Justin Richards, Richard Peniket (Darren Byfield 86), Jake Jones (Kaiyne Woolery 86). Subs not used: Louis Harris,
James Wren.

Barnet Team:

Stack,Yiadom, Johnson, Weston, Saville (Acheampong HT), Marsh-Brown (Mengerink 71),
Brown, Hyde, Gambin (Crawford 83), Casabella, Stephens. Subs not used: Vilhete,

Attendance: 1379

Man of the Match: Ben Richards-Everton

Referee: Mr Kevin Johnson

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures