Search results to follow...

Harriers strike late on

FT: Tamworth 0    1 Kidderminster Harriers

04 December 2012

Marcus Law's side were looking to make it three home wins on the bounce against Steve Burr's Harriers side, with just a point separating the two in the upper echelons of the table.
Peter Till took a place in the starting eleven in an otherwise unchanged starting line-up with Greg Taylor returning to Luton after his loan spell while Matthew Regan, on loan from Nottingham Forest took his first place on a Lambs teamsheet after joining on loan. Lee Hendrie sat out the game on a one match suspension after accruing five yellow cards.

Kidderminster kicked the game off towards the Castle End of the ground and kept possession for the opening few minutes on a crisp pitch.
The Lambs took some control of proceedings and Cunnington almost found a way through on 8 but his run was shielded by the visiting defender.
Kelly and Kerry set up a freekick on the left wing on 9 but it was cleared by Vaughan.
The Lambs defence was well beaten on 10 though when Johnson crossed from the left wing low into the center and Malbon somehow put his effort over the bar from 8 yards.
Harriers were awarded a freekick on the right of the box on 14 and ex-Lamb and visiting captain Storer put the ball into the box but no one could get a clean touch on it and Severn collected at t he feet of his defence.
At the other end a nudge on Kerry won Tamworth a deadball chance 25 yards out which Barrow smashed into the bottom corner of the wall.
Johnson flashed a header over the bar on 21 and Malbon's searching cross from the right was headed away by Courtney and he was on hand again on 24 to deny the cross of Storer causing any problems.
From Storer's resulting corner Kerry nipped in and unleashed Moke down the left but Harriers broke and Malbon missed a good chance when well placed.
Tamworth then countered well and Baldock looked for a goal on 27 but his shot went enough off target not to bother keeper Lewis in front of the travelling fans.
Baldock found Storer in his way after good movement and a low right sided cross from Moke on 34 and Kerry was booked for a foul on the half way line as Harriers tried to threaten from a corner won from Tait's diving defensive header.
Cunnington put a header on target on 37 but it was lifted high and easy for Lewis to collect at height.
With 6 minutes of the first half remaining, the Lambs won a corner when a Kerry freekick was kicked away and Oji was close but not close enough to connecting with the left sided flag kick.
The ball made its way back into the box and Tait spun and shot from the right but Vaughan was positioned on the line and cleared the danger downfield.
Matt was booked for a foul in the centre circle on Baldock on 42 and Tamworth pushed forward with Moke finding space on the right of the box. He found Kelly on the left of the area and he tried to curl a shot into the far right but the curl wasn't strong enough.
Matt then fouled Barrow on the halfway line and escaped a booking which would have seen his side reduced to ten men.
One minute added time was shown at the end of the first half which ended without further incident.

HT: Tamworth 0    0 Kidderminster Harriers

The Lambs kicked off the second half but it was the visitors who had the first chance when Johnson struck left footed in the left of the box but failed to get his shot the right side of the post and Severn was happy to watch it out.
Till nipped the ball into the box from the right on 50 and Kerry got his toe to it at the near post but he too put it the wrong side of the post.
Severn dropped to the floor to smother a deflected shot from the edge of the area on 52 and Kerry won a corner on the left by the clubhouse on 54 and although it came to nothing, The Lambs kept up the pressure and a flowing move in front of the shed allowed Baldock to shoot from distance but he screwed his shot high and wide right.
Severn launched himself to punch a Johnson cross away from danger and past the hour Tait fell under a tackle from the same player, requiring a visit from the physio and a decision that he couldn't continue and Law made a double substitution which handed Regan his debut.
Wright, now captain with Tait off the field, pushed the ball through to Baldock on 69 but neither were able to get a shot away as the ball was cleared by the Kidderminster defence.
Demetriou crossed from the left to the far of the box on 75 and Johnson met it with a good header but his effort hit the outside of the far post.
Johnson then crossed from the left and it was met by Rowe only for him to find Oji in the way and Barrow took the brunt of the block. He was in obvious discomfort and had to be stretchered off to a round of applause from the crowd.
The game continued after a few minutes and the Lambs had to finish proceedings with ten men on the field.
Regan cleared the ball off the line from a follow up shot from Johnson after Severn's punch fell kindly past the far post on 84 and Vaughan followed up another blocked effort to see his shot pushed around the post by Severn on 87 for a corner which was headed behind for a second flag kick. A third one came immediately and Kelly cleared the ball long.
Tamworth managed to get deep into the Harriers half as the 89th minute ticked round and were awarded a freekick which Till planted onto Regan's head but the visitors cleared and went straight up the other end and scored as Malbon's ball into the area from the left channel was headed deftly and slowly over Severn and into the far corner by Rowe (0-1, 90 mins)
Seven minutes added time was then shown and Oji directed a header from a Kelly freekick on the right past the far post in a crowded box on 96 and Malbon couldn't get his shot past the Lambs defence, winning a corner in the process which Kidderminster worked out of the final third as the referee blew his whistle.

Tamworth Team:

James SEVERN (GK), Richard TAIT (c) (Matthew REGAN 66), Marcus KELLY, George BALDOCK, Adam CUNNINGTON (Tommy WRIGHT 66), Lloyd KERRY, Duane COURTNEY, Peter TILL, Scott BARROW, Sam OJI, Adriano MOKE (Charlie COLLINS 75)
Subs: Tony BREEDEN (GK), Scott JAMES

Kidderminster Harriers Team:

Danny LEWIS (GK), Lee VAUGHAN, Mickey DEMETRIOU, Kyle STORER (c), James VINCENT, Anthony MALBON, Marvin JOHNSON (Ricky SHAKES 89), Nathan BLISSETT (Ryan ROWE 60), Jamille MATT (Steve GUINAN 90), Cheyenne DUNKLEY, Josh GOWLING

Attendance: 1031

Man of the Match: Ankerside chose: Duane Courtney

Referee: Mr. L .Swabey

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures