Search results to follow...

A good point in poor conditions

FT: Luton Town 0    0 Tamworth

23 March 2013

After departing a snowy Lamb, Dale Belford's Tamworth squad arrived at an equally wintry looking Luton Town with flurries of light snow continuing to fall on Kenilworth Road. The pitch covers kept the snow and cold off the pitch, and the muddy grass beneath it would hopefully not pose a problem as the wintry weather continued through the afternoon. The work that went on to get the game underway should not be underestimated though, with the referee, who had travelled up from Plymouth the night before also helping out.
Belford made three changes to the side that recorded a comeback victory over ten men Southport at The Lamb on Tuesday evening, with Tom Marshall returning, Danny Lloyd starting, winning goalscorer Darren Byfield taking the place of Kyle Perry in the starting eleven and Tommy Wright taking a place on the bench as well while Sam Oji did not feature.
After the now regular sprint out from Scott Lindsey's call The Lambs gopt the game underway licking towards the large seated stand at the opposite end to the small band of travelling Lambs.
After surviving a snap shot on the right of the box on 10 following a good run from Smith through the centre, Martin was booked for the home side following a tackle on Hendrie on the half way line.
On 17 Kelly hit a long range shot low and into the diving body of Hatter's keeper with Byfield following in but Tyler smothered the effort at the second attempt.
A good cross from the right by Martin was diverted over the bar by Gudger on 20 and from the corner Mitchell was well positioned to take McNulty's header from the resultant corner as Luton continued to press a little more than The Lambs.
Luton won a couple of corners around the 27 minute mark and a dangerous ball from the right by Taiwo on 29 went untouched and allowed Mitchel to restart with a goal kick and Marshall and Wylde earned their crusts.
Wylde twice denied Smith with blocking dives on the half hour and
Mitchell and Wydle then stopped Martin and Howell's respectively while on 36 Thorpe went down feeling a hamstring pull bringing Tait into the fray.
And despite the snow continuing there was little else to report as the two minutes of added time saw the first half out.

HT: Luton Town 0    0 Tamworth

After a prolonged half time break when the Luton ground staff worked hard to clear lines of the pitch of snow so that the referee could make a judgement as to whether the game could continue, the game eventually restarted and Luton tried to make an early impact with Mitchell racing from his area to clear with a diving header in the early exchanges.
Mitchell went on to deny Wall and Howells in the second half as the game descended into a far from beautiful game.
Both teams tried to put on a show for the large crowd and the 45 travelling Lambs fans hoped that Cunnington and Lloyd's efforts would see their side sneak a victory, but the worsening conditions and pitch prevented ay clear cut chances for The Lambs and the final whistle couldn't come soon enough to allow everyone to get warm and celebrate the away point.

Tamworth Team:

Liam MITCHELL (GK), Marcus KELLY, Michael WYLDE, Tom MARSHALL, Adam CUNNINGTON (Kyle PERRY 88), Lee HENDRIE, Darren BYFIELD, Duane COURTNEY (c.), Connor GUDGER, Danny LLOYD (Tommy WRIGHT 82), Jonathon THORPE (Richard TAIT 36)
Subs: James WREN (GK), Stuart HENDIRE

Luton Town Team:

Mark TYLER (GK), Lathaniel ROWE-TURNER, Steve McNULTY, Jon SHAW (Scott RENDELL 76), Jake HOWELLS, Simon AINGE, David MARTIN, Jonathan SMITH, Alex WALL (Andre GRAY 61), Jake GOODMAN, Solomon TAIWO
Subs:  Matt ROBINSON, Ronnie HENRY, Dean BRILL (GK)

Attendance: 5501

Referee: Mr. A. Bromley (Plymouth)

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures