Search results to follow...

Kerry strikes early for victory

FT: Tamworth 1    0 Lincoln City

22 September 2012

After the morale boosting win at Gateshead Marcus Law made no changes to his starting eleven to face Lincoln City with Lee Hendrie taking his first place on a team sheet this season (on the bench). The Imps featured two ex Lambs in their line up - Jake Sheridan and Gary Mills.

Lincoln got the game underway towards the Castle End of the ground but The Lambs quickly won possession and took the lead after just 43 seconds when Jeffers took the ball in his stride after good work by Barrow down the left and Kerry slid in to direct it past the keeper at the near post past Farman (1-0, 1 min)
The Imps pushed on from the restart but were unable to break through the Lambs back four from a left sided freekick and a long throw from the same side fell to Sheridan on 5 but his show rose over the bar.
On 7 Bore closed down the loose ball on the right hand post but found Tait in his way with a diving block and the corner was blasted over the target from 18 yards after a scramble near the goal line.
Dempster made a mistake 25 yards out on 11 and Oliver should have at least hit the target but shot over the bar with Breeden possibly easily beaten and The Lambs breathed a sigh of relief.
On 13 The Lambs escaped another close call when Mills whipped the ball across the face of the goal from the right of the box and watched as it bobbled out past the far post without a touch from either side.
Mills was able to put the ball in the danger area on 15 via a freekick on the right but Wright was on hand to get it clear with a powerful headed clearance and on 18 Oliver put his header from a left sided corner out past the left hand post.
Wright forged a chance for himself 20 but pulled his left footed shot wide of the right hand post from the edge of the area under pressure from the Imps defence.
Morgan was booked for a challenge on Barrow after the ball had crossed the touch line on the left on 22 so play restarted with a throw in to Lincoln although the Lambs soon had it back at their feet but were unable to forge a chance.
On 27 immediately following a long ball was played forwards by Tait, Mills appeared to go in late after the ball had gone and a spat of handbags off the ball ensued between the two captains. The referee had no hesitation in showing Mills and Tait red cards to reduce both sides to ten men.
Barrow's deep left wing cross no 34 skimmed the head of Wright at the far post and Baldock was booked for a late challenge on Oliver on 37.
Till cause Farman to fumble a right sided low cross on 42 and four minutes added time was shown as Sheridan curled a shot from 30 yards around the right hand upright in the last chance of the half.

HT: Tamworth 1    0 Lincoln City

The Lambs got the second half underway but Lincoln spent the opening minutes in the Lambs half and a snap shot from Sheridan deflected high over the bar for a corner on 48 which came out to Morgan and he curled a right footed shot at goal but it was very easy for Breeden to smother at his left hand post.
Marshall picked up a booking on 54 but the visitors were unable to capitalise on the freekick and Marshall's back header was taken over the line by Breeden on 57 for a corner, which The Lambs cleared.
Fofanu then fed sub Taylor and Barrow lunged in to concede another corner on the left which went all the way to the half way line and the momentum from the Imps was lost.
Wright nearly got a shot away on 63 but his effort rolled invitingly for Cunnington 12 yards out and his strike was well blocked by Farman.
A freekick on the right was booted clear by Oliver to Breeden on the half way line on 64 and Marshall's shot from 25 yards took a huge deflection for a corner on the left.
On 71, Barrow was booked for a niggly challenge just outside the centre circle and Breeden rose highest to gather Nutter's freekick.
Barrow needed some prolonged treatment for cramp shortly after Collins came on for Wright but the Welshman was unable to continue and Law had to make a third change with 12 remaining as Cunnington forced a corner on the right. Till put the ball into the back of the box and Dempster powered a header goalward but it came back of the right hand upright before being cleared.
As the minutes ticked down towards added time Lincoln tried to push forwards but found the going tough in the final third.
Four minutes added time was shown at the end of the match which ended with another three points for The Lambs.

Tamworth Team:

Tony BREEDEN (GK), Richard TAIT (c), George BALDOCK, Tom MARSHALL, Adam CUNNINGTON, Tommy WRIGHT (Charlie COLLINS 72), Lloyd KERRY, Shaun JEFFERS (Connor GUDGER 60), Peter TILL, Scott BARROW (Jorden IVEY-WARD 78), John DEMPSTER

Lincoln City Team:

Paul FARMAN (GK), Vadine OLIVER, Jake SHERIDAN (Adam SMITH 57), Gary MILLS (c), John NUTTER, Andrew BOYCE, Dan GRAY, Graham HUTCHINSON (Conner ROBINSON 69), Peter BORE (Jamie TAYLOR 57), Mamadou FOFANA, David MORGAN
Subs: Jake TURNER (GK), Tom MILLER

Attendance: 1042

Man of the Match: Dosthill Colts U7s chose Lloyd Kerry

Referee: Mr. M. Bull

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures