Search results to follow...

Point a piece at The Lamb

FT: Tamworth 2    2 Kidderminster Harriers

03 January 2011

After New Years Day success at Kettering, Des Lyttle took charge of his first league game at The Lamb since being appointed as manager five weeks previously. Scott Barrow was ruled out after picking up an injury on Saturday and with Michael Wylde out with a hamstring problem and Kyle Perry suspended for this and the next game, Adi Yussuf made his home debut for The Lambs.

Tamworth got the game underway with Bradley slotting into right back with Tait on the left.
Inside the third minute Wright opened the scoring with a far post close range finish after a long range shot was only palmed away by Atkins leaving the ex-Lambs front man with a simple chance and he did the gentlemanly thing by curbing his celebration despite putting the ball away in front of the away end. (0-1, 3 mins).
After the goal and for the next few minutes The Lambs did their best to keep the ball and pass to feet, and a floated ball from Bradley on 10 found Yussuf on the edge of the area. He hit it first time with a sweeping shot, but a defender got in the way conceding a corner in the process which bobbled around the area and ended with Sheridan dragging his shot wide.
In the next move forward, The Lambs got back into the match via another own goal, this time a powerful low cross from Yussuf on the right of the box came back off Vaughan in the six yard box and rolled into the far corner. (1-1, 12 mins).
A foul on Yussuf set up Thomas with a dead ball on the right of the box which Lewis punched clear.
And then on 17, a defensive mistake allowed Yussuf to steal in to the area and fire into the back of the net via the left hand upright (2-1, 17 mins)
Wright whipped in a cross from the right on 18 and Blair somehow managed to clear it away from goal when well positioned.
Tait's challenge on Byrne outside the area on 20 earned Harriers a freekick which Shaw fired straight into the wall before Tait eventually cleared the danger but when the ball came back in it looked like Wright's floated header would creep inside the far post, however Tait was on hand again and clear off the line.
Scores were level on 25 when Blair finished again when The Lambs defence failed to clear a Gittings run and cross from the right and although Atkins did parry the ball, the Harriers man had a simple finish at the far post. (2-2, 25 mins)
A rive from McPhee on 27 was deflected over the bar by the head of Marshall and Kidderminster's Gittings took the corner which came out to Shaw but his shot from 25 yards was off target.
A quick through ball to Yussuf on 28 saw the Lambs striker in room in the box but he was forced wide and dragged his shot low for Lewis to collect easily.
A mazy run by Wright down the right wing saw him skip through challenges, but the final balkl was easily taken by Atkins at his near post while on 34 Rodman picked up a booking for a late challenge on Blair.
Thomoas curled a left footed shot at goal from 25 yards on 35 but found Lewis in fine form to push the ball out for a corner which the visitors cleared.
Kidderminster pushed forward into the final 10 minutes but their shooting was way off target with shots from Briggs and Gittings going high over the bar with little sense of direction or in the case of Blair, straight and low from 30 yards but at 45 degrees to the target on 39.
McPhee left the field for treatment after a clash of heads with Marshall on 43 and play restarted shortly after as the fourth official indicated two minutes of added time at the end of the first half.
Vaughan was booked for bundling Rodman over in stoppage time in the final action of the half.

HT: Tamworth 2    2 Kidderminster Harriers

Harriers kicked off the second period, and kept the ball inside the Lambs half for the first five minutes or so until a foul on Rodman set up Thomas to put the ball forward and from Bradley's right wing cross Yussuf headed over the bar from 18 yards.
A run and cross down the right by Wright won Harriers a corner on 57 which Briscoe head over the bar and on 58 another Wright effort was palmed away from danger by Atkins.
MacKenzie replaced Smith just short of the hour handing Marshall the captains armband, and on 63 Yussuf was beaten for a cross in the area by Briscoe as Tamworth pushed forward.
Wright was penalised for a push on Thomas shortly after and MacKenzie planted it onto the head of Mitchell at the far post but his effort looped high over the bar.
Wright made a nuisance of himself in the Lambs box on 66while at the other end, Yussuf and Thomas combined but the latter saw his shot blocked and Lewis eventually gathered the ball.
Yussuf made way for Bojang with 17 to go and earned himself a booking for a foul on Williams within 3 minutes.
Briggs hit a right footed volley towards goal from 20 yards on 79 which curled wide of the right hand upright with Atkins in full flight.
Lyttle made his final change of the match on 82 bringing Lake-Gaskin on for Thomas and Bradley's right wing cross into the area almost found the head of either Bojang or Lake-Gaskin, but the Harriers defence was first to it and they won a corner form the counter attack which came to nothing but Tamworth raced to the other end and Rodman found Wilkinson who saw his shot blocked.
And at the other end, in the next move, McPhee saw his shot hit Marshall and come back off the bar on 84.
Albrighton was booked for pulling down Bojang with a minute to go and from the freekick Marshall pushed the ball to Rodman who fired wide of the mark from a central position.
Wright tried his luck from the edge of the box as four minutes added time was shown, but found Atkins perfectly placed.
There was a furious finish to the game as both sides tried to work the ball and then on 93 Albrighton put in another challenge on Bojang and saw yellow again earning him an early bath for the second time in this fixture this season.

Tamworth Team:

Atkins, Tait, Marshall, Mitchell, Smith (MacKenzie 58), Rodman, Thomas (Lake-Gaskin 82), Sheridan, Bradley, Wilkinson, Yussuf (Bojang73)
Subs: Lyttle, Connor

Yellow Cards: Rodman 34, Bojang 76

Kidderminster Harriers Team:

Lewis, Vaughan (Williams 62), Shaw, Albrighton, Briggs, McPhee, Byrne, Wright, Briscoe, Blair (Hanks 72), Gittings (Griffiths 87)
Subs: Stevens, Thorne

Yellow Cards: Vaughan 45, Albrighton 89 + 93 (sent off)

Attendance: 1183

Man of the Match: J Clarke Transport chose: Danny Thomas

Referee: J. Simpson

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures