Search results to follow...

Lambs come back again for a point

FT: Tamworth 2    2 Bath City

21 September 2010

Bath started the game but immediately put the ball behind via a long range and low off target effort.
A foul by Smith and then another by Bradley on 4 brought stops to the play and the second forced a yellow card to be shown by the referee.
Injury to Mohammed brought a stop in play a minute or so later and shortly after Bradley was forced to put the ball out for a left sided throw after chasing the same player down the line. Hogg put the ball in from distance and it didn't trouble Atkins but as at Histon on Saturday, the quick pace of the opposition was not allowing Tamworth to play their usual game.
A Perry nod into the path of Thomas brought a good tackle to deny him a shot and a corner was won in the process which Wilkinson hit on the half volley and although the crowd shouted for a handball, the referee was not to be swayed.
Perry flicked a header wide of the mark from a freekick which he won inside the centre circle on 15 as Tamworth started to move forward with a bit more conviction.
But it was the visitors who took the lead on 19, Mohammed getting the better of the Lambs defence in the left of the area, leaving Atkins exposed, before firing into net from close range. (0-1, 19 mins)
Smith fouled Canham in the middle of the Bath half on 22 earning the Lambs captain a yellow card.
The band of travelling City fans rightly celebrated their teams lead for many minutes as Tamworth struggled to make possession count.
Then almost out of nothing, Connolly hit a 35 yard half volley from the right side of the pitch which flew into the far corner and gave Atkins no chance whatsoever. (0-2, 33 mins)
A quick break and long run from the half way line by Edwards into unmarked territory was finally halted by Marshall and a goal kick won as the fans behind the goal half heartedly called for a penalty and when Smith's freekick in the next move went high into the box Robinson fumbled his catch but Rodman was unable to capitalise under pressure from the City defence and corner was won. From the flag kick the ball came back in and Rodman headed home to reduce the deficit. (1-2, 38 mins)
A dubious freekick was awarded against Tait on Jombati on the half way line which incensed the home fans and boos rang out long after Hogg took struck the deadball and long afterwards too.
A flick on by Perry was blatantly handled as it went over his head on the edge of the area by Canham and a freekick awarded which Rodman floated just over the bar.
Two minutes stoppage time was shown at the end of the half and a corner was won by Smith by the clubhouse but it was called offside shortly before the whistle blew.

HT: Tamworth 1    2 Bath City

Lake-Gaskin replaced Bradley at the break as Tamworth went in search of an early goal and had Perry got his first time shot away with power in the first move it may well have come but the ball bounced into the arms of Robinson.
Smith, Perry and Barrow combined to win a corner off the latter's attempted cross on 47 but Bath eventually cleared the danger.
On 50 Mohammed flashed a cross come shot at goal from the left and Atkins clawed away from the post before Marshall hooked it clear although a corner was won as Bath pushed on. Marshall got his head to the flag kick and then Jombati tried to nod it back into the goalmouth but cleared the bar with his effort.
A quick freekick saw Phillips sprint onto the ball and rifle a shot across the face of goal from the right on 54 and Rodman won a freekick on the right wing on 56 which Smith planted onto the head of Perry who powered his header at goal from a couple of yards out but Robinson was exactly in the right position to push it over the bar for a corner.
Rodman chipped for Perry on 58 who knocked it on for Wilkinson but he was unable to push the ball around Robinson from an ever decreasing angle on the right and Bath cleared.
Jombati put another header towards goal on 63 and Tait headed it away from danger while at the other end Thomas crossed for Rodman but his volley with his back to goal went high and then Hogg unleashed a belter from 25 yards at Atkins forcing a great reaction save from the keeper.
Joe Edwards took Marshall out on the half way line on 67 but escaped a booking. From the freekick Perry headed down for Rodman but his effort was easy for Robinson.
However, Smith made it all square on 68 with a sliding finish into the near corner from Thomas' low left wing cross. (2-2, 68 mins)
Sensing a comeback the atmosphere lifted a notch and Tamworth pushed forward causing some hefty clearances and on 71 Rodman hit a long straight shot for the far post and missed by a whisker.
Persistent fouling by Webb on Perry won The Lambs a freekick but a clash in the box halted play and after a period of Lambs pressure which saw sub Harris booked for a foul on the half way line a freekick was won when Tait was fouled by the right hand flag. Smith's first take was called back for jostling in the packed out area Hogg was booked for a foul as Bath tried to break away.
Perry was beaten to the ball on 85 by Robinson and Rodman put the ball across the face of goal in the next move but Tait was not able to get there quick enough to put it in the net at the far post.
Marshall fired a low shot into the area which evaded everyone's boot on 88 as City kept the ball in the right hand corner and won one as four minutes stoppage time was indicated.
Lake-Gaskin made a surging run down the right but the final ball in was cleared and Joe Edwards picked up booking for a foul on Wylde which allowed Tamworth to push on but Wylde was penalised for handball when trying to get a header on target.
Perry then hit the bar with a volley 45 seconds to go after Lake-gaskin had seen his attempted lob over Robinson was tipped into the air and Rodman was booked for protesting a decision as the seconds ticked down on a point a piece.

Tamworth Team:

Atkins, Tait, Marshall, Wylde, Smith, Perry, Rodman, Thomas, Bradley (Lake-Gaskin HT), Barrow, Wilkinson
Subs: Mitchell, MacKenzie, Sheridan, Lyttle

Bath City Team:

Robinson, Simpson, Rollo, Connolly, Phillips (Edwards D 64), Hogg, Webb, Canham, Jomb ati, Mohammed (Harris 77), Edwards J
Subs: Mackie, Badman, Hart

Attendance: 920

Man of the Match: Selected by Polesworth Garage: Alex Rodman

Referee: J. Busby

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures