Search results to follow...

Lambs unable to hold on for win against 10 men

FT: Kidderminster Harriers 2    2 Tamworth

30 August 2010

August Bank Holiday weekend had already brought three points against Luton on Saturday afternoon, but there was still a trip to Aggborough to deal with on the Monday and with it The Lambs lined up to face three ex-players who had joined Steve Burr's side in the summer. Nick Wright, Michael Briscoe and Tom Shaw who had all got on the score sheet for the home side at least once in their opening five games but after just one defeat Tamworth sat in 8th place with 8 points compared with Harriers one win putting them in 22nd with just 4 points.
And so after the win over The Hatters, Gary Mills selected the same starting eleven to face Kidderminster.

Tamworth, all in blue, got the game underway kicking away from the Lambs fans in the away end, and the first shot of the match came 110 yards away from the travelling faithful when Smith was set up by Perry, to curl a shot at Lewis which he took at head height. Wilkinson tried his luck from distance shortly afterwards but cleared the bar with some ease.
A fine run from Rodman from the right wing ended when he lifted a shot at goal and forced Lewis to make sure it was going out with a tip over the bar conceding the first corner in the process which Marshall overhead kicked wide of the mark from in front of the near post.
Marc Williams won a flag kick on the right for his side when a cross was knocked behind and Perry nodded it behind for another on the other side from Morris's effort.
Another Rodman effort came on 10 via a right footed drive from the left of the area which Lewis collected at the second attempt and then Wright threatened Atkins' goal with a low drive which was always going close, but also always going wide.
Tait worked hard and played a neat 1-2 with Bradley to get the ball into athe box on 17 but his cross was cut out and despite some good control from Smith to keep the ball under Tamworth control, Bradley's final ball to Perry found the Lambs front man off side.
Wylde header Briggs' right wing cross firmly away and March Williams found the head of Morris with a return ball in but the direction was somewhat lacking.
Thomas made in roads from the left on 20 but found his way hampered by the home defence and as the Severn Valley Railway puffed away in the background Tamworth breathed a huge sigh of relief on 27 when Morris ran through on a bouncing ball which Atkins stopped with his hands but dropped just as he left his area and despite loud shouts for handball the referee and his assistant showed no signs of stopping play and the ball was cleared.
Atkins made a good stop from Marc Williams downward header on 29 and a foul on Perry in the middle of the park from the goalkeeper's kick saw the referee take time to consult his other assistant before booking Albrighton.
There was consternation from the home faithful when a foul was awarded for a push on Barrow on 35 and despite the hard work on the field and encouragement from the Tamworth bench Kidderminster regained possession and when Marc Williams span around Smith and fell down it allowed Morris to fire  a dangerous freekick into the box from the right which bounced past the far post and out.
Wright put a header into the hands of Atkins from Vaughan deep cross from the right on 40 and the opening goal came on 43 when Harriers captain Briggs rifled home a loose ball from the edge of the box and although Atkins appeared to get his fingertips to the low shot it continued on its path and nestled in the left hand corner (0-1, 43 mins) but The Lambs were back on level terms within 90 seconds when Perry glanced headed home a pinpoint Thomas cross from the left (1-1, 45 mins)
One minute added time was shown at the end of the half and Wright showed some skill and pace to weave the ball down the left before floating a shot towards goal which missed, going past the far post before the whistle blew.

HT: Kidderminster Harriers 1    1 Tamworth

Harriers got the second half underway and Rodman made headway inside the second minute but was unable to finish his run into the area and Lewis collected.
The ball ran free in the Lambs box on 50 but Barrow was on hand to block the shot of Briggs with a last gasp dive across the flight path of the ball and then on 51 Bradley looked for Perry with a floated cross from the left but it was just too high.
Tamworth enjoyed a spell of possession for the next few minutes until a Bradley cross went out on the far side and Harriers pushed forwards until Vaughan saw his half volley rise harmlessly over the goal from the right on 58.
Perry and McPhee clashed outside the area on the hour and both players needed attention, but before play could restart Perry also picked up a yellow card for his actions.
Atkins gathered the ball at the second attempt when Wright bore down on him with Barrow and Marshall on either side and on 68 Wright was denied a sight of the ball thanks to an early intervention by Tait to concede the corner.
MacKenzie came on for Bradley and Sheridan replaced Thomas with 20 to go and when Perry chased onto a long ball through from the Lambs defence assistant referee flagged for a foul by Albrighton which resulted in a second yellow and red card for the Harriers man.
Rodman's freekick cannoned back off the wall as eleven took on ten, and MacKenzie finished the spell of possession with a shot which went wide of the near post from the left.
Sheridan chipped to Marshall at the far post on 77 but his dip at goal took a deflection over the bar and Smith took a left sided corner which Perry headed but play was stopped for a push in the build up.
Perry then punished the home side for some lapse defending firing home beyond the reach of Lewis from the edge of the area into the top right corner after Rodman's set up to give the Lambs the lead (2-1, 79 mins)
Wright missed a sitter three minute later after a header on the right of the box fell kindly for him but he could only flash his snap shot wide of the mark and was replaced shortly after.
Tait needed treatment for a knock on his ankle as the minutes ticked down and a handball by Tait on the edge of the area which may well have been deemed to be inside was given as a freekick just outside and Bryne headed home at the far post to level the tie with 30 seconds of normal time remaining (2-2, 90 mins)
Five minutes added time was shown at the end of the game and Smith fired over the bar from Perry's header on the edge of the box as Lyttle came on for Tait who could no longer continue and the whistle blew on an away point.

Tamworth Team:

Atkins, Tait (Lyttle 90), Marshall, Wylde, Smith (capt) , Perry, Rodman, Thomas (Sheridan 71), Bradley (MacKenzie 70), Barrow, Wilkinson
Subs: Mitchell, Lake-Gaskin

Kidderminster Harriers Team:

Lewis, Mike Williams, Shaw, Vaughan, Briggs, Morris (Briscoe 74), McPhee, Albrighton, Wright (Hankin 86), Marc Williams (Blair 71), Byrne
Subs: Stevens, Verma

Attendance: 1271

Man of the Match: Chosen by the TFCSC Away Coach: TBA

Referee: D. Mohareb

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures