Search results to follow...

Stutes strike thrice

FT: Tamworth 1    3 Histon

10 October 2009

Tamworth's second game in a week at home brought Histon to The Lamb for the first time.
Gary Mills made no changes to the side that suffered their first home league defeat of the season to York on Tuesday night, although Simon Russell was available again so took the place of Dale Belford on the bench.

Histon kicked off the game towards their small band of away fans behind the Meadow Street goal, and with no segregation in place the terracing would no doubt be swelled by Lambs fans in the second half.
With a couple of minutes gone, Briscoe required treatment after going down in the area and Tamworth played on for a couple of minutes with ten men before he returned to the action.
As the ten minute mark drew into view there was little to report as both sides struggled to get the ball under control.
However on 11 Pritchard chased down the ball in the area and with the keeper beaten Histon captain Langston blocked his attempt at goal from the right of the box.
And a minute later Wright latched onto a chip over the defence from Lyttle but strayed just a yard offside and was unable to control the ball.
Tait whipped a low ball into the box from the right on 13 which Pritchard met with a right boot but found the Histon defence in the way.
At the other end Barker got the ball at his feet and poked it through to Simpson who proceeded to hit the right hand upright from a couple of yards out with Alcock beaten.
A foul on Pritchard on the half way line on 21 gave Blackwood a chance to launch the ball forward from the freekick and when Naisbitt missed his catch Rodman prodded the ball goalward but it curled agonisingly wide of the left hand upright.
Histon took the lead on 27 after a good one two between Wright and Knight-Percival set up the latter to fire home from the left of the six yard box despite (0-1, 27 mins)
The visitors won corner on the half hour which Wylde headed away and a deflection / reaction off  / from Knight-Percival took the ball over the bar from 10 yards.
Shaw, fresh from collecting his England C cap prior to kick off, hit a long range effort over the bar on 33.
Okay hit a rising shot over the bar on 38 and Tamworth won a corner in the next move of the game as Wright broke into the box but nothing came from the flag kick.
Simpson crept around the back to head the ball wide of the far post on 41 from a Histon freekick on the right, and Wright was unable to control his header from Knight-Percival's right wing cross which looked to have been planted perfectly on his head as the half time whistle came into view.
Wright was called offside as one minute added time came was announced having received the ball from Lyttle's pinpoint cross.

HT: Tamworth 0    1 Histon

Gary Mills made a change at half time with Russell replacing Pritchard and Tamworth kicked off the second period.
Wright took a tumble on 48 and Shaw forced Naisbitt to punch clear, but it fell to Rodman who cut the ball back in from the left by-line into the path of Wylde who made no mistake from 18 yards out. (1-1, 48 mins)
On 53 Lake-Gaskin came on for Wright as Shaw lined up a freekick on the left wing and Tamworth pushed forwards.
Histon made their first change just short of the hour and another four minutes later as The Lambs won a corner courtesy of a massive deflected block as Sheridan hit a shot from distance. Naisbitt caught, dropped then collected the ball with Briscoe ready to pounce and on 66 Rodman was halted in his run by a good challenge in the box which won Tamworth a corner on the left.
Wylde won a freekick on the left corner of the area on 67 which was hoofed away by the Stutes defence but only as far as Lake-Gaskin who unleashed a powerful shot from distance which Naisbitt watched all the way and collected as it bounced in front of him.
Russell hit a right footed drive which curled wide of the right hand post on 69 after a good turn on the halfway line and surging run forward, and Tait hit a volley from 30 yards at Naisbitt a minute later.
Pope picked up a yellow card for a foul on Rodman on the half way line on 71 which The Lambs worked forward but Russell was unable to force more than an easy save from Naisbitt with his low ‘pass' at goal.
Hitson made their final change on 72 and Wylde got a blow on his head which forced him from the field and Andrew came on for the final quarter of an hour.
Histon then took the lead for the second time in the match when Knight-Percival ghosted into the box to glance the ball past Alcock from Crook's freekick on the left (1-2, 77 mins).
Briscoe left the field again on 80 after a clash in the middle of the park knocked him to the floor clutching his head and Wright picked up a booking for a foul on the same player less than 60 seconds later.
Andrew fired a cross from the left into the area which Naisbitt punched behind for a corner. The flag kick went to the other side of the pitch and Lake-Gaskin curled a shot into the side netting from the right hand side of the visitors box.
Histon added another with four minutes remaining through Simpson after Histon took advantage of some poor defending in the area with Wright pulling the ball back a short distance past the right hand upright for Simpson to place his shot into the net from close range (1-3, 86 mins).
Tait needed treatment for a head injury on 88 and Wright hit a long range effort just wide of the far post from the left wing on 89 as 4 minutes added time was shown.

Tamworth Team:

Alcock, Tait, Blackwood, Wylde (Andrew 75), Wright (Lake-Gaskin 53), Rodman, Pritchard (Russell HT), Sheridan, Shaw, Lyttle, Briscoe
Subs: Mills, Koranteng

Histon Team:

Naisbitt, Gwillim, Langston (capt), Bygrave, Kennedy (Andrews 72), Barker (Long 63), Pope, Knight-Percival, Wright, Simpson, Okay (Crook 59)
Subs: Oyebanjo, Welch (GK)

Attendance: 0

Man of the Match: Michael Wylde

Referee: Mr. A. J. Madley

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures