Search results to follow...

Lambs come back from early setback to lead at half time.

FT: Tamworth 2    1 Hyde FC

13 January 2007

With The Lambs first choice keeper Jose Veiga ruled out for the foreseeable future through injury, and reserve ‘keeper Leigh Walker out with a groin strain boss Gary Mills brought Dave Clarke back off loan at Gresley Rovers.
His starting eleven featured three changes from Saturday’s defeat to Nuneaton – Micky Tuohy played no part in the cup tie, while Gareth Sheldon and Matt Williams both took a place on the bench. Jonti Richter, Rikki Bains and Jake Sheridan all taking a place in the first eleven.

Tamworth should have taken the lead with less than a minute gone after a searching ball down the right wing found Wright who squared across the face of goal, but Anthony Robinson somehow glanced the underside the bar from a yard or so out and the danger was cleared.
Then Clarke brought down Gareth Seddon in the area in Hyde’s first attack of the evening and the same player made no mistake from the penalty spot after just 4 minutes (0-1)
On 6 Hyde fans thought their side had netter number two but Seddon’s stab from 8 yards was ruled out for offside after a one two with, and incisive ball through the Lambs defence from, Chris Simm.
Jake Sheridan floated a freekick into the area on 13 which evaded everyone including goalkeeper Craig Dootson but struck the outside of the far post and was cleared once again.
Clarke almost got caught out with a mis-punched clearance on 17 but Seddon was unable to recover and get a shot on target as the ball fell back to him.
Des Lyttle conceded a bizarre corner on 24 with a clearance that more resembled a curling shot but Hyde failed to capitalize on the chance.
Then on 27, a searching right wing cross from Richter was headed past his own keeper by Chris Brass, under pressure from Sheridan, to level the tie and take his own goal count to two in two and Hyde’s own goal count to three in two! (1-1).
On 33 Nathan Whatrton struck the inside post with a low curled effort and from it The Lambs broke upfield with Wright and Richter combining and the Anglo-Australians return ball was turned in from close range by Wright to put Tamworth into the lead. (2-1)

David Morley went close with a shot past the post from the edge of the area on 36 but Tamworth broke again and Richter crossed to the far post for Sheridan who headed the ball well, but it was easy for Dootson to collect.
Seddon then missed two good chances to draw his side back level on 38 – the first was well saved by Clarke as he bore down on goal unmarked, and when the rebound was played back to him he tried an audacious volley that didn’t work at all.
Tamworth were playing much better than they had against Nuneaton with good balls along the floor the order of the day when possible and won two corners in succession on 39, the first from a glanced behind header from the Hyde defence and the second a deflection from a shot from Robinson six yards out.
Another flag kick came on 41 when Hyde had to knock behind another searching ball from Richter. Adie Smith let fly from 20 yards on 43 and Dootser could only bat the ball away

HT: 2-1

Clarke, Lyttle, Langdon, Briscoe, Bains, Smith, Richter, Nurse, Robinson, Wright, Sheridan
Subs: Williams, Sheldon, Ebdon, Law, Leonard

Hyde United
Dootson, Brass (Lynch 44), Cowan, Robinson, Morley, Innes, Band, Wharton, Simm, Seddon, Clee
Subs: Johnson, Davis, Tolson, Harrison

Yellow Cards:
Red Cards:

Referee: Mr. S. Cook (Belper)
Att: TBA

MOM: As sponsored by match sponsors Briers, Building Design Group, Pickerings Solicitors

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures