Search results to follow...

A fair half but no goals at The Lamb

FT: Tamworth 0    0 Kidderminster Harriers

20 March 2007

Lambs boss Gary Mills was forced to make one change to the side that defeated Halifax on Saturday with Adie Smith not recovering from a groin strain – which allowed Kyle Storer to come into the starting eleven for the first time in almost a month.
They welcomed FA Trophy Finalists Kidderminster to The Lamb looking to continue good form which had seen Tamworth concede just one goal in five games and pick up twelve of the last fifteen available points.

The Lambs weathered the opening advances of Kiddy and broke through Taiwo Atieno but his shot from 20 yards went well wide of Steve Taylor’s goal on 3.
On 9 minutes Simon Heslop found space to burst into the box on the right after being set up by Atieno but his shot was blocked by the Harriers defence and the resultant corner cleared.
On 17 Russell Penn unleashed a right footed drive from the right of the box which flew past the far upright at head height.
An injury to Darryl Taylor brought about a lengthy stoppage on 24 as the nippy winger undertook treatment on the pitch but he recovered and was able to continue.
Michael Briscoe did well to block an effort from Penn on 26 after the midfielder made himself some space on the edge of the area to get a low shot away at goal.
Tamworth won another corner on 28 which McGrath whipped into the danger area but Taylor collected under pressure from Atieno.
Jake Edwards put a low shot from a few yards out at Taylor after initially having his back to goal and the Harriers ‘keeper spilled the ball but Atieno was too wide to finish and when he pulled the ball back to McGrath the Irishman skied his shot high over the bar from 8 yards.
Once again, Tamworth were defending strongly but were failing to make it count in the final third despite using the wings well. That said, Taylor crossed well for Edwards on 40 and the Lambs striker headed wide.
After some excellent play from Jake Edwards at the by-line McGrath squared for Atieno on the edge of the area but Tai, despite skinning the visiting defence, struck his shot well wide on 43.

HT: 0-0

McGrath had to be on his best to head behind a searching deep cross from the left wing from Michael Blackwood on 51 for a Kidderminster corner which Veiga collected easily.
Another corner came for the visitors on 56 and although Veiga missed the dropping ball McGrath was behind him to clear off the line despite the vociferous shouts of the traveling fans behind the goal.
Blackwood crossed from the left again on 59 only for Christie to slide in unmarked and put the ball a few feet wide of the far post
A shot from Atieno almost squeezed into the net taking a slight deflection on the way off Mark Creighton for a Lambs corner on 67 but Harriers cleared the flag kick.
Atieno jinked a turned his marker in the area shortly after but the ball had already crossed the line when he put his cross in.
Heslop won a freekick on the right on 70 and when the ball came back out from the visitors defence from McGrath’s dead ball Kyle Storer tried his luck but mis-hit his shot at goal from distance.
Edwards unleashed a left footed shot on the turn at Taylor on 72 after good build up play from the lambs but the ‘keeper parried and the corner was cleared.
Tamworth won another corner on 75 but Harriers cleared and a further attacking chance came on 76 via a McGrath freekick on the left but the visitors broke and The Lambs defence stood strong to kill the danger.
Veiga has his defence to thank once again when Kidderminster broke down the right and Storer smothered the ball en route to Christie allowing the Lambs keeper to gather at his feet.
Taylor fed Atieno on 78 and the striker broke through but the ‘keeper parried his close range shot on the angle for a Tamworth corner which the visitors cleared once again.
McGrath forced another flag kick for his side on 88 and got the ball back after the visiting defence had tried to clear but Taylor gathered his second cross from the left.
Tamworth pushed forward again and won another freekick on the left in the final minute of normal time but Rikki Bains header went high and wide off target.
Two minutes added time was shown by the fourth official but neither side could muster a last minute goal to separate the sides and the Lambs recorded their 5th clean sheet in 6 games and another point in their quest for Conference football next season.


Edwards, Atieno
McGrath J, Storer, Heslop, Taylor D
Friars, Bains, Briscoe, Law

Subs: Tuohy, Bampton, Burton, Stevenson, Quistin

Kidderminster Harriers:

Christie (Hay 82), Constable (Reynolds 82)
Blackwood, Sedgemore, Penn, Russell (Smikle 79)
Harkness, Creighton, Whitehead, Kenna
Taylor S

Subs: White, , McGrath M.,

Yellow Cards: Christie 49
Red Cards:


Referee: Mark Brown (Hull)

Att: 1115 (168 Kidderminster)

MOM: as voted by match sponsors: Bradley Scott Windows: John McGrath

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures