Search results to follow...

Second run out brings rewards again

FT: Tamworth 3    0 Loughborough Dynamo

15 August 2020

161 days since the last home fixture of 2019-20 Tamworth got their second behind closed doors pre-season fixture underway attacking the Meadow Street end in the first half and a cross from the right from Waite signalled the Lambs intentions.
Walters then picked up the ball from the centre, cut in and fired a low shot which forced the visiting keeper into a low stop which Beswick was unable to turn home.
More tricky work from Waite on the left caused problems for the Loughborough defence and on 9 right back trialist’s cross deflected out for another corner which Beswick fired into the area but there was no one on hand to meet it in the middle of the six yard box.
Wilder’s cross from the left on 11 was too long but Tamworth regained possession until a clattering challenge from Rowe-Turner halted a Loughborough counter attack.
Burrows forced Singh into a fingertip push around his near post on 11 and on 16 Freeman was free ta the far post to head a right sided corner down and goalward only for Singh to thwart the visitors again.
Walters tricky run saw him brought down on the left on 20 but the freekick was wasted.
Yafai went into the box to try and rob keeper Alexander of the ball on 21 and caught him as he went past, forcing a stop in play. Waite, Yafai and Beswick found the home defence a tough nut to crack, but Tamworth’s spell of heavy pressure on their hosts resulted in a goal on 27 when Yafai was able to fire the ball home from 12 yards through a crowded box and give The Lambs the lead (1-0, 27 mins)
After the post midway drinks break it took a while for play to get back up to speed and Magunda conceded a freekick on 37 and Beswick booted it clear allowing Tamworth to get a grip back on proceedings.
Walters floated a teasing cross from the left over the keeper who touched it out for a corner on 39 and Beswick’s deadball was met by the head of Waite but he couldn’t keep it down or on target.
The visitors had a spell of pressure of their own but were unable to get past the back line and a long range shot failed to test Singh on 44 in the final action of the first half.

HT: Tamworth 1    0 Loughborough Dynamo

After sustaining a knock in the first half, Loughborough keeper Alexander was replaced by defender Gordon for the second half, as the visitors restarted proceedings.
Tamworth made three changes at the break and forced an early corner on the right which came to nothing but a minute or two later after some succinct build up Waite rifled home from 18 yards with a powerful finish (2-0, 50 mins)
A long range shot from McDonald forced the makeshift keeper into an improvised stop on 56.
McDonald forced Gordon into a low stop on 74 before Waite picked up the ball in the left of the box in the next move and rifled home at the near post for his second brace in two games (3-0, 74 mins)
After the goal The Lambs made their final two changes of the afternoon and continued without too much to trouble either keeper.
A challenge on the far side on 84 on Ferrinho saw the visiting number 2 need extended treatment from the physio before he could stand again and eventually hobbled off with help, Fitzgerald was booked in the process.
The game ran out without further incident and The Lambs left the field happy with a second preseason win and clean sheet.

Tamworth Team:

Singh (trialist 75), trialist, Wilder (Fitzgerald 60), Beswick (c.) (Fry HT), Magunda, Rowe-Turner (Kelly 75), Tonks (Forde HT), trialist (Parker 60), Yafai (Tait 60), Walters (McDonald HT)

Subs: (all used)

YC: Fitzgerald 85 

Loughborough Dynamo Team:

Alexander (Allen HT), Ferrinho (Burrows 85), Gordon (to GK HT), Freeman, Foster (Young 59), Sibson, Norris (c.), Burrows (Blackshaw 67), Garnett, Demidh, Matthews

Subs: Steadman, Riley, Munn

Attendance: 0

Referee: Mr. S. Brown

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures