Search results to follow...

Beswicks brace helps sinks Trawlermen

FT: Tamworth 4    1 Lowestoft Town

30 November 2019

After a week off due to the involvement of other teams in cup competitions and the postponement of the midweek Staffs Senior Cup game, the Lambs welcomed the Trawlermen to The CR MOT centre Community Stadium for the next Southern League Premier Central fixture of the season. Tamworth started the game in top spot, a point and three games ahead of second placed Banbury, who they would face on their own turf in seven days time. Joe Magunda sat out injured, and the returning Chris Lait took a place on the bench as The Lambs looked to add another league win to their current run of five. Sponsors CR MOT Centre had also pledged to donate £100 for every goal in the game to the Radio Tamworth Toy Appeal.

The visitors got the game underway with Tamworth attacking the Meadow Street end and Hoenes nearly burst through to take the ball past Tibbles but it didn’t take long for the deadlock to be broken as Beswick curled a shot from the left of the D into the top right corner following a deep cross into the box (1-0. 3 mins)
Waite burst into the box onto a threaded ball from Beswick and turned it towards the far post but Creaney was unable to prod it home, however after Yafai was brought down, Beswick doubled his and the sides’ tally with an inch perfect freekick from 18 yards (2-0, 9 mins)
Hoenes forced a corner on the left on 12 and Creaney headed Beswick’s deadball wide of the mark. Lowestoft enjoyed a spell of possession without actually threatening around the twenty minute mark until Creaney launched a teasing cross to Hoenes who was past the far post, but he couldn’t direct his header on target. A run by Little to the by-line forced a right sided corner on 27 and Beswick’s corner nearly set up Creaney with a half chance.
Yafai made a strong surging run into the area on 34 but Tibbles cat like parry denied him and any follow up.
Waite and Wilder then combined to get the ball into the box on 37, and it was whipped across the area for Yafai but bounced back to Tibbles without troubling the keeper. A Beswick freekick on 40 was met by the head of Waite but it was way off target and ballooned high over the goal ad at the other end the first shot of the game came from McIntosh who struck from 25 yards and forced Singh to tip the ball over his bar.
Waite appeared to get the better of his man on 44 and went down under the challenge but no penalty was given.
Lowestoft went down the other end and a freekick was struck into the area by McIntosh and finished by Linton with a first time volley past Singh (2-1, 45 mins)
Singh was called into action again shortly after the restart and Little also had to clear Tamworth’s lines as the visitors tried to make it all square at the break but the whistle blew with The Lambs marginally in the driving seat.

HT: Tamworth 2    1 Lowestoft Town

Tamworth restarted the game and within a couple of minutes had extended their lead. Lowestoft were pushing up the field but the ball went back to Singh and his pass out to midfield knocked long for Waite to burst on to and then finish from the left of the box past Tibbles (3-1, 47 mins)
Creaney couldn’t get in front of his marker to head a cross from the left and then Hoenes lifted the ball for Yafai at the far post but his header went into the ground and wide of the near post.
Four minutes later Beswick threaded the ball through to Hoenes and he took it into the box and chipped it over the diving keeper into the back of the net (4-1, 51 mins)
After a period of considered football without really threatening, The Lambs turned up the heat again and made a further change with Obeng replacing Hoenes.
A low shot from Creaney forced Tibbles to drop and smother the effort on 76 and a minute later Lait replaced Waite.
Fisk was booked for a dangerous challenge on Little on 83 and Yafai played Lait through but the flag saved his blushes as the latter’s shot went high over the target.
Lait’s shot in added time deflected behind for a corner which came to nothing but Tamworth kept up the pressure until the final whistle and celebrated a sixth straight league victory.

Tamworth Team:
Singh, Little, Wilder, Beswick (c.) (Fry 59), Gough, Rowe-Turner, Waite (Lait 77), Forde, Creaney, Yafai, Hoenes (Obeng 68)
Unused: Frances, Kaziboni

Lowestoft Town Team:

Tibbles, Curry (Deeks 68), Ruffles, Lopez (Jarvis 68), Cole, Tann, Richardson, Fisk, Reed, Linton, McIntosh
Subs: Reynolds, Godbold

YC: Fisk 82

Attendance: 593

Man of the Match: MG Evans chose Ryan Beswick

Referee: Mr. P. Stonier

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures