Search results to follow...

Linnets leave it late to sink Lambs

FT: Kings Lynn Town 2    1 Tamworth

13 April 2019

With four games to go, The Lambs made the long trip into Norfolk to take on the 3rd placed Linnets for the first time at The Walks since 2008. With Ryan Beswick unavailable, Joe Magunda came back into the starting eleven after suspension and there was a new face on the bench in Abobubacar Sylla who had joined the club recently. Looking at betting sites can give great offers.
Tamworth got the game underway but the Linnets we soon controlling play and moving the ball around on the floor until a long ball found Barrows and Gough blocked his shot from the right of the box for a corner which Blake-Tracy took and Green cleared.
The home side continued to keep The Lambs inside their own half, although a ball from Clement nearly set Waite free of the back line of defenders but he was denied by the offside flag.
King’s Lynn took the lead on 11 when Blake-Tracy sent a cross-field pass from left wing into the right of the box and it was met perfectly by the head of Barrows. (0-1, 11 mins).
Less than 60 seconds after the restart a misplaced pass saw keeper Street out of his 6 yards box and Waite pounced with the goal gaping in front of him but he somehow missed the target from 18 yards and with the goal at his mercy.
At the other end Clunan’s right wing cross was met by Gash’s par post header but he could only direct it wide of the mark. James forced a corner via a blocked cross on the right on 21 but it was cleared, and Green picked up a booking for sending Gash tumbling on 24 and Blake-Tracy’s ball into the area was cleared but Henderson was booked for comments to the man in the middle on 26.
Kettle was adjudged to have upended Gash on 31 setting Clunan up with a freekick from the right of the D, 20 yards out but after a lot of build up and expectation the deadball went straight into the wall.
A slip at the back saw the ball go past Clement and Kettle on 35 and Gash nipped in but was dnied a low strike into the far corner by Singh who got a touch to take it past the far post for a corner which The Lambs cleared.
A good Lambs move mainly involving Clement and Concannon was prevented going any further on 40 when Shaw’s pass was obstructed by the referee and the Linnets raced to the other end and force d corner which Jarvis headed straight at Singh.
A rare Lambs counter into the home side’s final third almost brought rewards on 43 when Clement rolled the ball across the box but there was no one on hand to finish it. Waite fired a similar ball in a minute later but Street was able to drop and smother it.
One minute added time was shown at the end of the first half and Tamworth packed out the final third, with Green forcing Street into a blocking save and Waite nearly mopped up the rebound in the final action of the first half.

HT: Kings Lynn Town 1    0 Tamworth

King’s Lynn restarted proceedings and Blake-Tracy forced a couple of early corners on the left. McAuley got his head onto a chipped pass from Barrows on 48 and forced Singh into a stop as the home side continued to press The Lambs.
Clement threaded the ball through to James on 53 but his low shot from the left was easy for Street to stop.
Gash backheeled for Clunan on 54 and he drove his shot at the Lambs keeper to parry away from danger.
Gough upended Gash on the right wing on 58 and Blake-Tracy stepped up to take the freekick which caused a few problems but The Lambs backline caught The Linnets offside.
A move out of midfield on 62 saw The Lambs unable to prevent the run of Gash and he pulled the ball back for Henderson who drilled a shot wide of the far post.
Jarvis capitalised on a wayward pass to fire a low but tame shot at Singh on 64 and this prompted a couple of substitutions for Tamworth with Sylla onto the left for Stabana and Spencer in the middle for Shaw.
There was a game of pinball in Singh’s area on 68 when Marriot and Henderson tried their luck from 8 yards or less but a combination of the keeper and defenders kept the ball out.
King’s Lynn kept up the pressure and Kettle conceded a corner off Clunan’s floated cross. Gash headed the ball back in and Singh punched it away.
A rasping shot from Concannon went close on 75 as chances came at a premium for both sides but on 82 Waite spotted an opening down the right wing and forced his way past his marker before firing inside the near post with Street unable to prevent the equaliser. (1-1, 82 mins)
Blake-Tracy struck from the right of the box past Singh but his shot cannoned back off the post and out to safety as King’s Lynn kept pushing forwards and on 85 Henderson snuck through and rolled his shot past Singh into the far corner to restore the lead (1-2, 85 mins)
Three minutes added time was shown at the end of the second half which ended with the Lambs pressing but unable to deny The Linnets all three points.

Tamworth Team:

Singh, Stabana (Sylla 66), Gough, Magunda, Kettle (c.), Green, Concannon, Clement, Waite, Shaw (Spencer 66), James
Subs: Frances, Dias, Gordon

YC: Green 24

Kings Lynn Town Team:

Street, Barrows (Jones 66), Blake-Tracy, Jarvis, Fryatt, McAuley, Clunan (c.), Richards, Gash, Marriott (Mellors-Blair 90), Henderson
Subs: Parker, Robinson, Bastock

YC: Henderson 27, Gash 71

Attendance: 821

Referee: Mr. P. Burnham

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures