Search results to follow...

Reds draw a collective blank

FT: Redditch United 0    0 Tamworth

23 March 2019

The Lambs made the short journey to the Trico (formerly Valley) stadium to take on Redditch on their own turf for the first time since the National North promotion winning season.
Former Lambs and Red boss Paul Hendrie was also in attendance adding to the nostalgia, as The Lambs entered the ninth game of Smith and Danylyszyn’s tenure at the helm of the squad.
With 6 wins, 1 draw and just 1 defeat under their belt the 3G pitch of Redditch was their next test as a push towards a possible play off place continued in game 36 of 42 of the season.
There was one change to the starting eleven with Shaw replaced by the returning Kristian Green and Shaw replaced Jemson on the bench with the latter having moved out on loan to Frickley Athletic.

Tamworth got the game underway kicking towards the open end of the ground and there was nothing to choose between the two in the early exchanges.
A foul on the Redditch right set up Bunn with a deadball and it fell for Walker who tested Singh with a powerful half volley to force a corner on the right.
Parsons got onto the flagkick but headed wide across the target and out of play.
The Lambs forward line was having a quiet start to the game with Waite alone up front and Lait and Concannon flanking the wings with Clement and Dias in the middle of the park.
Bunn tried another shot at goal on 11 but fired well wide of the target from the right of the D then at the other end Waite capitalised on a slip at the back but could only strike it low at the feet of Whitehouse and Concannon’s follow up from the rebound on the right of the area was taken at height by the keeper.
A Redditch freekick on the left wing on 16 was headed behind by Kettle for a corner on the right and Bunn’s ball was cleared and countered by The Lambs, however Clement fired well wide from distance.
In a hang back to the knock he took to the ribs at Needham Market, Lait was in obvious discomfort and was forced off the field bringing James in on 20.
A defensive mistake forced by Clement and Dias earned a corner on the right on 23 which Beswick whipped across the 6 yard box but it flashed past everyone and out for a goalkick.
Howards was brought down clumsily by Beswick and Bunn stepped up once again, 30 yards out in a central position striking the ball almost straight at Singh.
Another right sided Redditch corner was forthcoming on 34 which Bunn swung in once again but it was cleared by Beswick.
Former Lamb Wright whipped a cross from the left in on 35 but it failed to trouble Singh or anyone else for that matter.
A searching ball from Beswick from the halfway line found James in the left of the area but he was slightly offside and well covered by Stoddart on 37.
On 39 Leachman-Whittingham stole the ball off Waite on the right wing and drilled it into the area but Kettle was on hand with a telling and powerful intervention to clear it for a corner which came to nothing.
Bunn made a tricky run into the box in added time and went down but his fall was waved away and then Waite did similarly, forcing Whitehouse to protect his near post and concede a corner which came to nothing as the whistle blew for half time.

HT: Redditch United 0    0 Tamworth

Redditch got the game back underway at with The Lambs now attacking the Sallie Swan stand at the car park end of the Valley and a low shot from Bunn forced Singh into a low stop inside the first minute.
On 50 Dias was pulled back by McGrath as he tried to make headway down the left and Beswick’s freekick into the area eventually fell to Waite but he was flagged offside as he struck the ball at Whitehead.
Waite was the pulled back by Stoddart who received a booking for his efforts on 51 and The Lambs tried to keep the pressure on but Concannon was bundled off the ball as it ran out for a goalkick by Wright.
On 53 Concannon threaded the ball through to James who then pulled the ball back to Waite and he tried to direct his shot into the far top corner from the left of the area but it went over the corner of bar and post.
McGrath had been spotted pulling a shirt in the build up and was booked after the ball went out of play.
Concannon spotted the keeper off his line and tried to lob the ball into the far corner from the right wing with James rushing in but it went over Whitehead and out of play past the far post.
Magunda was penalised for pushing Howards down on the left of the D on 59 and Bunn took ownership of the dead ball and drilled it at the Tamworth wall.
Concannon surged past two markers into the area on 63 and stopped the ball dead then squared it to Waite but the home defence were quick to regroup and cleared the danger.
Howards struck an easy to gather low effort straight at Singh from 30 yards on 64 and the home side made their first change shortly afterwards.
The Lambs pressure forced a corner on the left via Concannon’s blocked shot on 66 but when Beswick floated the ball to the far post from the left both Kettle and Waite were well positioned, but the former headed wide of the mark.
Redditch won a corner on the left after Kettle knocked the all off the heels of Johnson on 73 and Bunn lifted it into the area only for Kettle to head it past the other post.
Bunn took the right sided flagkick and Parsons had a headed towards goal which The Lambs defence cleared.
However Nelson robbed the ball off Dias and struck a snap shot well wide of the right hand post from 25 yards.
Johnson then caused more problems for the Lambs defence but ultimately took too many touches and it went out of play for a goalkick.
Both captains were called together after Magunda and Johnson locked horns in the middle of the park, and The Lambs made a double change for the final 10 minutes.
Stabana’s left wing cross into the box found the head of Dwyer on 84 but it was straight at Whitehead and then a foul on Downing after good work by Bunn down the right wing gave Redditch a freekick by the corner flag.
Tamworth were forced to defend the low ball into the area and a deep ball from Beswick saw Dwyer go down in pain at the top of the pitch but was OK to continue after treatment.
Parsons upended Gordon on the right wing and was booked for his efforts giving Beswick the freekick but his ball into the box was missed by everyone from both sides in the area and went out for a goalkick.
Whitehouse was encouraged to hurry his goallkick in added time and McGrath struck it sweetly from 35 yards to make Singh protect his goal.
Magunda was then adjudged to have blocked the run of Bunn right of centre 20 yards out and Hawker stepped up to strike it but he lifted it over the target for a goalkick.

Tamworth Team:
Singh, Green, Stabana, Beswick, Kettle (c.), Magunda, Concannon, Clement, Waite (Gordon 79), Dias (Dwyer 80), Lait (James R 20)
Subs: Shaw, Maphosa

Redditch United Team:

Whitehouse, Ashmore, Wright, McGrath, Parsons, Stoddart, Leachman-Whittingham (Nelson 64), Bunn, Johnson (Larmond 85), Howards (Downing 75), Hawker
Subs: Evans, Sinclair

YC: Stoddart 51, McGrath 53, Parsons 89

Attendance: 413

Referee: Mr. R. Dadley

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures