Search results to follow...

Lambs defeat Ravens

FT: Coalville Town 1    2 Tamworth

16 February 2019

Caretaker bosses Gary Smith and Andy Danylyszyn took the reigns for their third game, after the 2-2 draw with Bedworth and 5-0 demolition of St Neots the previous Saturday.
The squad faced more tricky opposition against fifth placed Coalville, enjoying a good spell of form and a team that enjoyed scoring goals.

Tamworth kicked off proceedings attacking the main entrance end of the ground with Waite in a central attacking position and he was found by Green inside the second minute with a cross from the right but couldn’t keep his header down.
Concannon found Lait down the left on 4 and he advanced into the area and was brought down but the linesman on the opposite side had already flagged for offside before the referee pointed to the spot.
A deep freekick from the right from Doyle-Charles was dealt with on 8 but the Ravens leading scorer McGlinchey made no mistake on 14 via a low shot which sneaked past the dive of Singh (0-1, 13 mins)
Lait found space to advance into the box down the left on 15 but his diagonal shot under pressure was well wide of the mark.
A dangerously struck freekick from Wright on 25 curled just wide of the left corner of bar and post with Singh in full flight.
Coalville continued to peg Tamworth back as the game entered the last 10 minutes of the first half but a foray forwards from Waite allowed the striker a low strike which went out past the left hand pot from the right.
And on 38 Beswick’s deep freekick found Waite in the box but he rifled his shot from a similar position into the right hand side netting.
One minute added time was shown at the end of the first half and The Lambs were unable to get close enough to draw things level before the break.

HT: Coalville Town 1    0 Tamworth

Coalville restarted the game and immediately went on the attack, but on 52 The Lambs nearly equalised through Lait who struck the outside of the right hand post with a shot from the right of the box.
Lait was involved again on 56, chasing down a ball of the edge of the area which Walton only just beat him to before he could get a sight on goal.
Concannon dragged the ball back into the box on 58 and Waite went for it but was blocked by Towers and needed treatment before play could restart.
Beswick was booked for a late challenge as the Coalville front line pushed forward and the deadball from Wright was pushed away by Singh, low at his near post.
Mitchell received the ball through from the left on 70 and struck right footed over the target shortly before James came on for his Lambs debut.
Omotola nearly made an instant impact with a close range strike off a flicked header from Perry on 74 but a combination of Singh and the Lambs defence prevented his shot making it 2-0 to the Ravens.
Concannon struck a sweet volley from 25 yards with precision and power past Walton on 78 to level the tie (1-1, 78 mins) Beswick’s freekick from the right wing fell back to him on 87 and he lashed a shot goalward but it rose and drifted wide of the mark.
Then, on 90, a corner form Beswick fell perfectly onto the head of Waite and he directed it past Waltion to give The Lambs the lead (2-1, 90 mins)
Five minutes added time was shown at the end of the game and The Lambs saw out the time and then celebrated three points.

Tamworth Team:

Singh, Green K., Gough, Beswick, Kettle (c), Magunda, Concannon, Clement, Waite, Dias (James 72), Lait
Subs: Shaw, Frances, Maphosa, Jemson

YC: Beswick 62

Coalville Town Team:

Walton, Dean, Fenton, Towers (c.), Freeman, Doyle-Charles, Shaw (Burrows 79), Wright, Mitchell (Omotola 72), Berridge (Perry 57), McGlinchley
Subs: Browne, Coton

YC: Fenton 38

Attendance: 452

Referee: Mr L. Corbett

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures