Search results to follow...

Lambs trawl the points

FT: Lowestoft Town 1    3 Tamworth

15 September 2018

The Lambs made the long journey to Crown Meadow to take on the Trawlerboys on a gloriously sunny September afternoon, but the kick off had to be delayed by ten minutes due to road closures on the route to Suffolk meaning Tamworth didn’t arrive until 2.20pm
Following Mike Fowler’s resignation from the first team coach role Tim Harris took control and made three changes to the side that ran out against Hednesford in the FA Cup with Shaw, Paul Green and Lait all taking a place on the bench with U21 Jordan Clement.

Tamworth got the game underway and Upton conceded a freekick in the left channel inside the first minute and Smith fired the ball into the box, and Upton diving headed it over his own bar for a corner.
In the fourth minute Brammant received the ball from Brown in the box and he turned and struck low but it went out past the far post.
At the other end on 6, Finn forced a left sided corner and it came out to Clements who chipped the ball into the box but Waite was unable to get on the end of it.
After good play between a number of players in the final third, Finn struck from distance and Putnins caught it at head height. Finn struck from distance after good work to set him up switched the ball from left to right then back into the centre, and Zielonka struck low on 11 in a relatively routine stop for Singh.
After going down on the left of defence by the touchline on 12, Upton needed the stretcher to leave the field on 17 and was replaced by Lait.
A clumsy challenge by Dunkley on Zielonka set up the number 10 with another freekick on the left on 23 which Wright headed away, but a trip by Lait on the same player in the ensuing play allowed Smith to chip into the area.
It was cleared as far as Lait who made a surging run and was tripped by Smith who was booked. Finn was booked a challenge on the Town right wing on 26 and then Smith fouled on the Lambs left but Beswick’s freekick was headed up and away.
A deep cross from Zielonka was headed behind by Wright on 31 and Higgs drilled the ball low into the box from the right for Bammant to turn it home, but the offside flag denied the home side the opening goal.
Clement struck from 18 yards on 33 but the keeper was more than equal to it. Lait then made headway down the right but was impeded by the already booked home captain Smith and Beswick floated the dead ball.
Waite robbed the ball off the Lowestoft man on the left wing on 37 and burst into the box, but was unable to get a shot away. Wright and then Fisk were booked in quick succession and five minutes added time was shown at the end of the first half.
Deep into the extra minutes, Town forced a corner on the right which came to nothing,

HT: Lowestoft Town 0    0 Tamworth

Lowestoft restarted the game at 4.17pm and in the 48th minute Beswick pulled back Bammant to give Smith another freekick to strike which Singh parries away at his right hand post.
Bammant picked up a booking on 50 after going chest to chest with Singh. Some considered attacking play from the home side picked up the pace a little around 53 and then Waite was adjudged to have fouled in his build up down the left – the decision didn’t impress the travelling faithful.
Another niggly foul on 55 set up Beswick from 20 yards and it took a deflection to take it past the near post and out for a corner which Beswick took himself.
The ball fell in the six yard box and Green got a snap shot away but was prevented the opening goal by a combination of a good stop from Putnins and his defence.
The home side forced a corner on 62 and an on target header from Tann off Schaars whipped in ball forced Singh to catch it at head height.
But there was nothing Singh could do to prevent Higgs from driving the ball home on 65, picking up the ball and making headway into the right of the box before holding off Green and firing home from 12 yards. (0-1, 65 mins)
Bammant was sent off for his second bookable offence on 68, kicking the ball away from Singh and giving the referee no choice. A push on Lait as he ran into the box from the left wing on 74 set up Beswick with the deadball but it skipped across the box and Town cleared.
It only takes a second to score a goal though, and Tamworth drew level on 75 in spectacular fashion through Finn’s shot from the right wing that dropped over the keeper in the top left corner (1-1, 75 mins)
The home side made a double change on 80 but The Lambs took the initiative on 81 when Lait stole in to prod a low right sided freekick around and past the keeper and give The Lambs the lead (2-1, 81 mins)
Two minutes later Tamworth added another when Waite found himself in the box with the ball at his feet and managed to turn and prod it under the covering defenders and the keeper to make it 3-1.
Singh denied Brown’s dipping shot from 25 yards with a fine two handed push out for a corner on 85 and Dunkley went into the book shortly before four minutes added time were shown before the final whistle blew.

Tamworth Team:

Singh, Green K, Wright, Upton (Lait 17), Kettle, Clement, Dunkley, Beswick (c.), Waite, Asante, Finn
Subs: Shaw, Green P., Mpofu, Ofori

YC: Finn 26, Wright 43, Beswick 62, Dunkley 90

Lowestoft Town Team:

Putnins, Tann, Brown, Smith (c.) (Pollock 80), Jarvis, Deeks, Schaar, Fisk (Ingram 87), Bammant, Zielonka, Higgs (Fowkes 80)
Subs: Wren, Pinheiro

YC: Smith 25, Fisk 44, Bammant 50 + 68, Jarvis 56
RC: Bammant 68

Attendance: 408

Referee: Mr. B Bowles

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures