Search results to follow...

Lambs slip to defeat at Stevenage

FT: Stevenage Borough 2    0 Tamworth

30 August 2004

Nationwide Conference
30th August 04

A hotly disputed fist goal proved to be the undoing of the Lambs.

Dave Bampton and Mark Shaw took on the task of marshalling the Lambs midfield and for 69 minutes Tamworth frustrated the home side limiting them to just one or two attempts at goal.

The Lambs defence coped admirably with everything that came towards him and the home side’s rhythm was not being allowed to develop.

Just before the whistle blew to end the half - captain Lee Colkin produced a mazy run out of midfield and went round two defenders before unleashing a low shot at Andy Woodman’s goal which the home ‘keeper had to push away for a corner.

The second half started exactly as the first had finished with Tamworth breaking up anything that Stevenage could throw at them.

Shaw’s corner looked like it has been cleared by a hand but appeals for a Lambs penalty were waved away despite a loud shout from the 100 travelling fans sat directly behind the incident.

But with 20 minutes to go and the game looking like a good point would come out of it Boro’s Jo Flack tried unsuccessfully to run through Matt Redmile. After initially clearing the subsequent set piece, the ball came back out to Gregory who fired it back in low through the Lambs defence. Jon Brady was on hand, and looking decidedly offside, to sweep the ball home and Tamworth’s protests fell on deaf ears.

A ‘Boro corner was cleared with 10 minutes to go but ran out to the right of the park. Barry Laker headed the cross back across the face of goal for Jason Goodliffe to head home unmarked and the home side had scored twice from three attempts on goal.

Price, A. Smith, Colkin, Bampton, Redmile, A. Brown (N. Smith 89), Ross (May 71), Stamps, Sheppard, Shaw (Cooper 60), Whitman
Unused: Storer, Stannage

Att: 1878

Match Reports

Facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Snapchat 


Fixtures to follow shortly...
View all Fixtures